Dont let rent a center bully you!

i worked for rent a center and i know first hand of their bullying scare tactics and over all shiester buisness practices. let me put your mind to ease if you are being harrassed for non payment of your items

1) if you fail to pay they can not come to your home and demand payment.

2)they can not enter your home and seize the items.

3)they can not wait outside your residance to confront you about payment.

4)they can not call your referances and enquire about you for non payment

5) you are not required to give them the items back.

6)they must stay away from you and your home and freinds. if they want the items back by law they are to leave you alone and file a small claims action for the items. this process can take up to 6 months or more. in the mean time the items depriciate in value. you do not have to attend the small claims hearing. what will happen is the judge will dissmiss their case against you and inform them that like a credit card this is a credit issue and they need to put it against your credit rateing. if they are doing any of the things i mentioned in 1-5 you can call the police and tell them they are harrasing you and/or scareing you your family and freinds. also, BIG NO NO RENT A CENTER CAN NOT CALL YOUR WORK FOR YOUR NON PAYMENT!

More Review Details

Helpful? 579 Yes 579 1406 No 1406
Had the same issue 462 Yes 462
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Login
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Oct 02 #1042154

Hey I have a big concern, I rented items and I got evicted from my house and I couldn't go back to get nothing because landlord changed locks, and I needed buddy's rent a center to get there items bit landlord is giving me a hard time and doesn't want to give them there stuff, now buddy's is saying they will press charges on me if he still doesn't cooreparate, can they press charges? And apart from police report I have done on landlord what else can I do?

Oct 01 #1041905

This is true in Ga fortunately I know a DA, they can't harass you or your employer...the court situation happened because you didn't go to court.

Oct 01 #1041892 Decatur, Georgia

They overcharged me and will not fix error on contract, told me it was too late, too bad. The mgr was informed immediately..... Cheap stuff paying too much for.

Sep 30 #1041205

I'm a week late and I've never been more harassed in my life.

1 0 Reply

Sep 26 #1039513

Sep 18 #1035597

What about any rental place where u rent furniture from like household rentals

Sep 18 #1035568

I just received a so called suit from the court, not handed to me, just left in mailbox, states that if I fail to return the item the sheriff can come and knock down my door to remove the item. Does this seem correct, it just seems shady and possibly fabricated.

Sep 14 #1033467

What about a warrant being issued 4 you

Sep 10 #1032070

Wow just 2 weeks ago this happened to me. The items are not with me while I'm in chemo therapy in west Palm beach. I'm staying with my step daughter and this man pounded on the door called out my name at 1030am screaming loudly that I stole the items my cousin said she's not here and not a thief thank you. He asked where I was and my cousin told him at the hospital in treatment for chemo he said he didn't care. That he wanted payment and if he had my information he would drive him to the bank. I have a used laptop that I'm paying like 400.00 for and a new ac that has 10,000 btu I'm paying 648.00 for. I had furniture computer dinning set that was over 5000.00 and paid it off. So what was that about so I made a payment and set up my epay account it was declined the payment was 69.71 and when they called to say I'm late I owe 211.00 plus 2.00 over the phone fee. Cause they have me monthly payments. I didn't plan that for this month I have meds that are 7500.00 of which 10% is taken and what is left is given to me to do my payments. Now there harrassing me I'm 3 days late. They don't want their numbers to go down with late pay come on. I call every day. And I do not have my things here at my daughter's and didn't plan on having surgery now in a few days but I came for innovative treatment and I got it and being harrasses by rent a center. Come on.

1 4 Reply

Sep 08 #1031224

What about filing a warrant?

0 1 Reply

Sep 06 #1030576

Don't listen to this, I have worked for RAC for quite a few yrs and I have removed many items from a person's home thru the court legally.

9 21 Reply

Oct 01 #1041787

Your a *** liar! I told rent a center to *** off and I'm not paying ***! I said you call me or come to my house I'm calling the police and pressing charges for harrasing me. I called a lawyer and found out what they can and can't do. I live in CT.

Sep 04 #1029591

If you can offord 2 laptops an they tell you that I can't pay 30 dollars of my 258 a week what do I do?

Aug 23 #1023433

So if i dont give the item back they can't call the cops on me and take me to jail for theft

Sep 17 #1035120

Its a civil matter and they have to file small claims

2 0 Reply

Aug 19 #1021761

They keep calling my job?

Aug 05 #1015998

The same apply in Texas?

Follow at your own risk

Jul 28 #1013136 Lemont, Illinois

As someone who has been taken to court by rent a center I think someone should put out the truth so that when you read these post you know what really happens. I followed these steps of not paying and I'll tell you it's not a good idea. I was taken to small claim by rent a center. I didn't show up. The police showed up to my house two weeks after the court date with the rent a center people and a locksmith. Whe. The police knocked I answered my door. He gave me a relevant order which allowed them to come into my house and get their merchandise back from me. I looked it up and yes it was legal. On that was also a second court date. I figured that since they took their stiff back I was done so once again I didn't show up. after that things were smooth sailing... ir so I thought when I got a summons to a third court date that had my old employer being a garnished defendant on it. I looked it up and found out they were trying to garnish my wages for back rent and court costs. Since they had my old employer I didn't bother to show up since I knew they wouldn't get anything from them. End of story. Or so I thought. this all happened about nine months ago. About a month ago I got pulled over for not coming to a complete stop. No big deal give me my ticket I'll pay it take traffic scholarship and be done with it. Nope... Handcuffs!!! Apparently by not showing up to court a bench warrant was put out for my arrest with a 500 dollar bond. My wife bonded me out... Show more

6 4 Reply

Jul 30 #1013809

Sorry you are dealing with all of this but I think that most of this post is true since like you said they sent you to small claims. The one thing they are wrong about is not showing up in court. You should always show up in court no matter if you "think" the situation will go away or not. If you had you might have won your case and had it thrown out because I've heard lots of stories about people being taken to court and rent a center employees not even showing up so the case gets thrown out. But, since you didn't show up I'm sure the judge took it as a sign of guilt and found in their favor.

3 0 Reply

Sep 23 #1038274

This is not true, you will never get arrested for not showing up for a civil matter, you work for RAC and you're a liar!

1 0 Reply

1-20 of 325 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.