Dont let rent a center bully you!

i worked for rent a center and i know first hand of their bullying scare tactics and over all shiester buisness practices. let me put your mind to ease if you are being harrassed for non payment of your items

1) if you fail to pay they can not come to your home and demand payment.

2)they can not enter your home and seize the items.

3)they can not wait outside your residance to confront you about payment.

4)they can not call your referances and enquire about you for non payment

5) you are not required to give them the items back.

6)they must stay away from you and your home and freinds. if they want the items back by law they are to leave you alone and file a small claims action for the items. this process can take up to 6 months or more. in the mean time the items depriciate in value. you do not have to attend the small claims hearing. what will happen is the judge will dissmiss their case against you and inform them that like a credit card this is a credit issue and they need to put it against your credit rateing. if they are doing any of the things i mentioned in 1-5 you can call the police and tell them they are harrasing you and/or scareing you your family and freinds. also, BIG NO NO RENT A CENTER CAN NOT CALL YOUR WORK FOR YOUR NON PAYMENT!

Report Comment Private message author

Helpful? 588 Yes 588 1410 No 1410
Had the same issue 469 Yes 469
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Mar 16 #1128617

They are the worst at harassing you for non payment and they have done all of this to me constantly calling my work even asked my employees for my work address. People are late on payments sometimes and 10 plus phone calls a day on your personal phone and at your work is ridiculous..

4 0 Reply

Mar 12 #1126309

I think.same applies for Aarron too

Mar 12 #1126400

Is this true and reliable information or is this just someone's opinion

2 0 Reply
user26326123

Feb 18 #1113842

no anon whimp who wont post his name. they can not. i got them removed for it. And i sued them for harassment since i didn't have the items. they tried to grab my daughter.

0 1 Reply
user26326123

Feb 18 #1113840 Waltham, Massachusetts

actually they did try to get into my home. i took them to court for it and they never even showed up. I had already returned the product. this was taunton massachusetts. right there i should have known better.....

Feb 09 #1108960

Whats really funny is these places charge way too much you can go to Wal-Mart or anywhere for samething and get it cheaper...like a ps4 they charging 559.99 for a used one in there stores and now they are like 279$ in other stores....just know when taxes come in soon return the stuff and get every penny I gave them cause I dont won't there out rate prices I can get a 50' tv and ps4 around 600$ together then paying them over 2,000$ these places are total rip offs if anyone is smart go to pawn shops if you need something cheap $$$ screw these places and the stress won't be on you.

Feb 03 #1105743

I have a bed that was purchased in October but they cannot find the contract that was signed instead they told me that they can rewrite it up I refused they got an attorney Barrientos to contact me by mail what can happen

Feb 02 #1104786

Because they wrote it in a contract doesnt make what they do legal if i write up a contract that says you can kill someone does it mean you wont go to jail? Its a scare tactic to ensure they receive there money. The real *** here would be you your clearly not a lawyer and obvouisly havent worked at a furniture renting store so you are assuming *** which makes you the biggest ***. Dummy

Jan 30 #1103474

Everyone has problems that why your renting there a 5 dollar late fee if you pay that then they can't do *** it's on there contract ..Both companies HIRE what they think are tough guys well there not there wanna bes that's why they work at those company to begin with!!They think it gives them power. LOL

Jan 30 #1103337

Is this true please email me at jschmitt716@gmail.com and let me know I live in buffalo NY and the same *** is happening to me

Jan 30 #1103209

They ARE allowed by law to go to the door and demand items back. It states clearly in the contract...if a payment is missed.....they have all rights to seize the items purchased and deny any further payments......rentals or anything. Whoever wrote this is an ***.

8 6 Reply

Jan 26 #1101130

Can they issue a warrant for your arrest

2 2 Reply

Jan 28 #1102477

No they can't ... Basically they will have to try to get this on your credit but the time they get to that process and they get everything done it's really not worth it cause the item or items are basically not worth all the work and money they are putting out and say what you had was 1000$ time they are done all the *** stuff they do and get to doing it the right way (the way they should do it in the first place if they were smart ) the stuff u have is more than likely 350-400$ by this time if that ...

1 2 Reply

Feb 17 #1113156

You're wrong. If a customer makes two payments or less, they can and will file theft charges I'm sorry to say I've done it. I'm also sorry to say I work forthe sorry bastards. Here in the state of Florida, if the value is $300 or more, it is grand theft and you CAN be arrested. Best thing to do is just give them their *** back and let THEM take the loss! It also stops cells and harassment. Granted it will take forever and a day for anything to happen but, it can and has happened. Part of the reason this shithole company has multiple attorneys at their disposal. Yes the stuff will depreciate but, IF the remaining value is high enough, something's going down and more than likely not in the customers favor.

Jan 23 #1099690

Thanks

Jan 23 #1099492

The poster is wrong. Aarons Furniture in SC came in my house with Richland County deputies to get their stuff amd I wasn't even home. The sheriif left a notice on my door called an execution order.

0 1 Reply

Jan 21 #1098462

Is rent a center associated with buddy's they are trying me to im just two weeks behind

Feb 17 #1113157

Jan 20 #1098230

How about this I've paid every payment but one on time and I'm supposed to be caught up. When I called and told them my store was being shut down and I was transferring to a new location but would only be able to make a one week payment at that time. They said not to worry about it they would drop that week and I could continue on my next payment date paying for two weeks at a time. I thought wow.this is awesome that they would do this for me but know I'm receiving calls every day saying I'm a week behind and they have started calling my references. Im one week behind the week they said they would drop. I get my taxes back in under three weeks and will be paying off my furniture. I'm not sure if ill be using rent a center again. Don't get me wrong it's great when your like me and actually need something now for one reason or another but I don't like the upcharge. I needed a couch and things since some of our stuff had been ruined/stolen. For that reason alone it was great because I could afford to get the things we needed when other wise I wouldn't have. But honestly id rather pay cash up front

1-20 of 406 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Rent A Center. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Rent A Center.
Filing a new complaint about
×