Dont let rent a center bully you!

i worked for rent a center and i know first hand of their bullying scare tactics and over all shiester buisness practices. let me put your mind to ease if you are being harrassed for non payment of your items

1) if you fail to pay they can not come to your home and demand payment.

2)they can not enter your home and seize the items.

3)they can not wait outside your residance to confront you about payment.

4)they can not call your referances and enquire about you for non payment

5) you are not required to give them the items back.

6)they must stay away from you and your home and freinds. if they want the items back by law they are to leave you alone and file a small claims action for the items. this process can take up to 6 months or more. in the mean time the items depriciate in value. you do not have to attend the small claims hearing. what will happen is the judge will dissmiss their case against you and inform them that like a credit card this is a credit issue and they need to put it against your credit rateing. if they are doing any of the things i mentioned in 1-5 you can call the police and tell them they are harrasing you and/or scareing you your family and freinds. also, BIG NO NO RENT A CENTER CAN NOT CALL YOUR WORK FOR YOUR NON PAYMENT!

More Review Details

Helpful? 584 Yes 584 1408 No 1408
Had the same issue 465 Yes 465
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Nov 07 #1059891

hey, i am experiencing this problem now. im only 2 weeks late on my payment and i will pay the two weeks i owe plus the current week when i get paid next week. but they are calling my references now, not just me. i just told my reference to reject the calls. should i just reject the calls until i pay them? its only gonna b 1 week until they get paid.

Nov 06 #1059520

Rent a center calls my work everyday... comes and sits in my lobby everyday doesn't buy anything just stares at me n yells at me... has told everyone about my non payment..

Nov 05 #1059227

Rent a center has been harassing me for nonpayment and calling my boyfriends work and coming by my house and also calling my family. I tried telling them about something serious that came up and they just don't care.

Nov 02 #1057232

There are articles stating you can be arrested and charged with a felony for non payments

Oct 31 #1056700

Do people not own a calculator when it comes to rent a center they will sell you a $500 tv for a 150 weekly payments of $25 thats like $3,750 in payments it just sad how many people cant do 3rd grade math.

4 4 Reply

Nov 06 #1059351

People can do 3rd grade Math *** and until you have walked in someone's shoes that goes there because they don't have other options don't judge them.I certainly don't like the interest rate and payments but I have bought many things 90 same as cash inot most cases.You obviously haven't been in some really bad situations to know that's the option you have and it's *** sometimes but it is what it is.Excuse the *** comment but considering I'm an intelligent person and have recently been actually thankful for such a business I wanted to reply and tell you that we aren't dumb some just have had *** things happen.

5 1 Reply

Oct 30 #1056022

So they told me they filed a claim to an attorney and they were getting me for stolen property. I have called them each week and told them we couldn't come in til this week. So can I get in trouble?
We plan to go pay it today

9 1 Reply

Oct 29 #1055705

Are you sure because they keep harassing me calling me like 5 times a day leaving we missed you tags, knocking on my door and it's irritating. I know I might behind 3 weeks but *** I had it a year.

Oct 28 #1055050

What if u lost their item without finish paying for it

13 11 Reply

Oct 21 #1051847

What are you talking about you have no clue. The law is actually they have every right to come to the house they do have to stop calling reference and only the reference if asked to. The local and federal law is the same any item not return regardless of value is a misdemeanor punishable by $1000 fine and 1 year in jail. I never understand how people let this go so far just return it if you can't pay.

5 1 Reply

Oct 20 #1051502

I really need help I sold a rent a center phone paid about 600 and I had to get rid of the note 4 for financial reasons and now I can't find a job and they are calling my family telling them if I don't pay $1002.56 there calling the cops and I'll be arrested can that really happen I'm only 18 with no record I'm very scared please help

Oct 22 #1052089

R.i.p. bro

4 0 Reply

Oct 20 #1051266

If I pay every week on time does it build up my credit score

Oct 12 #1047204

they can file criminal, depends on a couple things, how many payments you made on it for one, how much they owe on it, the retail value. Civil could be worse, sheriff sale, judgement ect. just return the items, is it worth all that hassle? go to Aarons, they are much more affordable. Better yet, lay away items you can't afford. or buy used from a consignment store.

0 1 Reply
rac mgr

Oct 12 #1047203 Clearfield, Pennsylvania

tell the management at Rac what's going on, call the police and tell them that the landlord will not give you Rac permission to collect their items. Start from there.

Rac mgr

Oct 12 #1047201

I don't know where your from but here in Pa. Rent-A-Center can and will file charges against you for theft of leased merchandise and receiving stolen property. And believe me I have had customers put in jail for not paying and not returning merchandise. Think about it, you signed an agreement stating you would pay or return the merchandise. You can't just steal stuff and not pay the consequence's.

Oct 30 #1056249

Sad how PA uses the criminal system to collect its credit debt

2 0 Reply

Nov 17 #1065505

Shut DA *** you the renter center police...

Nov 21 #1067460 Birmingham, Alabama

I've had rac merchandise for over 5 years, full living room set, full queen bedroom set, washer and dryer set, area rug, lamps, twin bedroom set and only paid 3 months of payments. I moved and changed numbers haven't heard from them in almost 4.5 years, lmao rac says they will file charges but the fact is rac is always trying *** moves, just like a thrift store takes old *** and sells it to you again!!!! I haven't paid, and never will

Oct 10 #1046076

Lmao at how many misspelled words are in this post ..lord save us hahahh

1-20 of 347 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.