Rent A Center - dont let rent a center bully you!

Oct 18, 2010
review #203158

i worked for rent a center and i know first hand of their bullying scare tactics and over all shiester buisness practices. let me put your mind to ease if you are being harrassed for non payment of your items

1) if you fail to pay they can not come to your home and demand payment.

2)they can not enter your home and seize the items.

3)they can not wait outside your residance to confront you about payment.

4)they can not call your referances and enquire about you for non payment

5) you are not required to give them the items back.

6)they must stay away from you and your home and freinds. if they want the items back by law they are to leave you alone and file a small claims action for the items. this process can take up to 6 months or more. in the mean time the items depriciate in value. you do not have to attend the small claims hearing. what will happen is the judge will dissmiss their case against you and inform them that like a credit card this is a credit issue and they need to put it against your credit rateing. if they are doing any of the things i mentioned in 1-5 you can call the police and tell them they are harrasing you and/or scareing you your family and freinds. also, BIG NO NO RENT A CENTER CAN NOT CALL YOUR WORK FOR YOUR NON PAYMENT!

87ee25b
1.2
Had an experience with Rent A Center?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
ashley

Aug 23

I just talked to rent q center and they began calling me a *** bag and a thief can they do that

longduckdong

Aug 11 Louisville, Kentucky

Rent a center...aarons....buddys...they all are pieces of *** crooks..iam 2 days late ..on vacation these *** idiots have been to my work looking for me ..what kind of business is that

dan

Jul 09

This maybe the case in Washington, but in many states the can file criminal charges and you will have a felony on your record and can serve jail time. Rent to own is not like a credit card and I have never seen one dismissed. Rent to own is not a credit type company, the is no interest charged, no finance charges, it is renting products with the option to purchase. When you buy something on credit you own it, when you rent items you do not own it until it is paid off otherwise it is called felony conversion.

1 4 Reply
Stormie83

Jul 07

What if you recieved the merchandise but the person that delivered never made you sign a contract. The orioriginal application wasbdone online and the first payment was done in person by a different person than the one that applied and the first payment/ down payment was made in cash. What if you have the blank contract and they dont have one at all? Can they file criminal or civil charges without a contract??

dan

Jul 09

It depends. If the item is electronic or appliances they have serial numbers. They can report it as stolen and give them your info as the person who stole it. The you will go to jail. If it is furniture then you could steal it if your that type of person. I am personally not a thief and wouldn't do that either way

Get A Clue

Jun 25

You are a retard. Collector's can do every single one of these things you listed. These items are RENTED not owned by you, so if you miss a payment, you breached your contract and have bigger legal matters to worry about other than them legally retrieving THEIR items.

0 2 Reply

Jul 09

I think your the retard and probably work for rent a center. legally they have no right to do those things in the state I live in.

3 1 Reply
manda3549

Aug 21

What state do u live in? Do u know if it's the same in oregon

Jun 03

It's seems like it would be easier to just pay or let them come and get it if you can't.

Mylo

May 31

I have been renting a flatscreen sony and am almost done with the payments 234,dollers tha tv went in for repairs they are calling me and asking for payment iv told them why should I be paying for a tv that is in the shop.

issy missy

May 23

you are excayly right ppl think they can go to jail but thats *** its like a cellphone bill u cany take me to jail for not payin my cell phone bill u can only jacknup my credit

0 1 Reply
DC

Jun 26 Doylestown, Pennsylvania

Yes, eventually, they can. It only takes $101 anywhere in the United States to be charged with a felony. Will it happen? Probably not. Can it happen? You bet.

0 1 Reply
Blanca

Apr 30 Brooklyn, New York

I resently. Ordered a bed but I changed my mind. And anted my money back before they delivered it now they r giving me a run around y they can't u lost your card so u need your account number I got it from the bank now I need security code then I speak to manger she rude then I call again she not there I call they see my number and don't pick up all I want is my money back I don't understand what's the problem what can I do !!!!

Apr 21

What about damaged property that they have already retrieved! They are saying we are reliable for it yet we believe it was on their part. Now theu are saying it cant be fixed but we still have to pay for it. After having it for over a month already cause they said its been in the shop.

Stacey

Apr 12 Stoneville, North Carolina

What about any leasing comp such as a+ rentals in Eden NC my son has been very sick at 6 years old an in an out hospital for 2weeks so I've gotten a lil behind no intentionally of course but I just had to spend more money on gas back an forth to hospital which is 45 min away plus pay someone to look after my 13 year old but I was not home today an they literally beat my door down an terrified my 13 yr old who was home alone

Feb 26

do their products have tracking devices on it ?

1-20 of 187 comments

×
You were reading a complaint about Rent A Center.
Filing a new complaint about
×