Dont let rent a center bully you!

i worked for rent a center and i know first hand of their bullying scare tactics and over all shiester buisness practices. let me put your mind to ease if you are being harrassed for non payment of your items

1) if you fail to pay they can not come to your home and demand payment.

2)they can not enter your home and seize the items.

3)they can not wait outside your residance to confront you about payment.

4)they can not call your referances and enquire about you for non payment

5) you are not required to give them the items back.

6)they must stay away from you and your home and freinds. if they want the items back by law they are to leave you alone and file a small claims action for the items. this process can take up to 6 months or more. in the mean time the items depriciate in value. you do not have to attend the small claims hearing. what will happen is the judge will dissmiss their case against you and inform them that like a credit card this is a credit issue and they need to put it against your credit rateing. if they are doing any of the things i mentioned in 1-5 you can call the police and tell them they are harrasing you and/or scareing you your family and freinds. also, BIG NO NO RENT A CENTER CAN NOT CALL YOUR WORK FOR YOUR NON PAYMENT!

Report Comment Private message author

review #203158 by
Had an experience with Rent A Center? Submit review ›
Helpful? 591 Yes 591 1410 No 1410
Had the same issue 472 Yes 472

PissedConsumer.com is operating in read-only mode, users cannot make any changes to the information, publish comments or reviews.

2 days ago #1202161

I have been called the morning that my payment was due. It's like I was looked at sideways because I preferred to come in to make a payment in the store instead of giving my information over the phone. I can't wait to be done with this company. The manager seemed a little uncomfortable that I was asking so many questions while doing the paperwork. I heard him over the phone telling his district manager that I have a lady here " obviously she's educated" have a question about the rate on the contract. Being rude is not great customer service. If I didn't put so much on my furniture I would return it, but I see there are no refunds. I'm trying my best to save at pay it all off very soon. Too much rudeness in this company.

Aug 03 #1194437 El Dorado, Kansas

rent a center has shown up at my job before and they have called me at work lots of times

Jul 29 #1192035 Dallas, Texas

Thanks very helpful

Jul 27 #1190554 San Marcos, Texas

Can rent a center show up or threaten to show up at 11:00 p.m at night? I have been getting text and calls since 9:30 at night saying they are coming to my house?

Mar 16 #1128617

They are the worst at harassing you for non payment and they have done all of this to me constantly calling my work even asked my employees for my work address. People are late on payments sometimes and 10 plus phone calls a day on your personal phone and at your work is ridiculous..

5 0 Reply

Mar 12 #1126309

I think.same applies for Aarron too

Mar 12 #1126400

Is this true and reliable information or is this just someone's opinion

3 2 Reply
user26326123

Feb 18 #1113842

no anon whimp who wont post his name. they can not. i got them removed for it. And i sued them for harassment since i didn't have the items. they tried to grab my daughter.

0 2 Reply
great credit guy

Aug 14 #1198707

liar. POS liar. why would these companies want your dirty, poor, dumb children? They absolutely do not.

user26326123

Feb 18 #1113840 Waltham, Massachusetts

actually they did try to get into my home. i took them to court for it and they never even showed up. I had already returned the product. this was taunton massachusetts. right there i should have known better.....

Feb 09 #1108960

Whats really funny is these places charge way too much you can go to Wal-Mart or anywhere for samething and get it cheaper...like a ps4 they charging 559.99 for a used one in there stores and now they are like 279$ in other stores....just know when taxes come in soon return the stuff and get every penny I gave them cause I dont won't there out rate prices I can get a 50' tv and ps4 around 600$ together then paying them over 2,000$ these places are total rip offs if anyone is smart go to pawn shops if you need something cheap $$$ screw these places and the stress won't be on you.

2 0 Reply

Feb 03 #1105743

I have a bed that was purchased in October but they cannot find the contract that was signed instead they told me that they can rewrite it up I refused they got an attorney Barrientos to contact me by mail what can happen

Feb 02 #1104786

Because they wrote it in a contract doesnt make what they do legal if i write up a contract that says you can kill someone does it mean you wont go to jail? Its a scare tactic to ensure they receive there money. The real *** here would be you your clearly not a lawyer and obvouisly havent worked at a furniture renting store so you are assuming *** which makes you the biggest ***. Dummy

1 0 Reply

Jan 30 #1103474

Everyone has problems that why your renting there a 5 dollar late fee if you pay that then they can't do *** it's on there contract ..Both companies HIRE what they think are tough guys well there not there wanna bes that's why they work at those company to begin with!!They think it gives them power. LOL

2 0 Reply

Aug 18 #1200838

very true! I have a story for all of u. I have been renting from RAC since I've been 15yrs old. No lie! I got my 1st job at 13 & rented a computer at 15. Anyhow they have more power now then they ever did. I just rented from them in December( couches & a t.v.) I paid on them until Feb. (same year), I missed one payment & told them I would make a bi-weekly payment over the following weekend. Well they didn't believe me nor my husband. After a trillon phone calls& thousands of door bangs, they had called the police. When the police has knocked on my door, my husband answered. The police put my hisband in the back of the car & came into my home where they demanded I return there property. I had bo problems giving there items back, so they released my husband from the car. So what they did was take my tv & just the cushions to mh couch ( not the actual entire couch)...lol. So now they say they will return on a second trip back to pick up the remains of the couches. Nobody ever snowed back. I & my husband put the couches out for them on the curb & called them repeatedly to come & pick it up. Finally I called & got an answer & they said we don't want the rest of the couches cause we had seen bed bugs on the cushions! I didn't have any bed bugs they just were being very childish & extremely spiteful! So, me & my husband pulled the couches back into our home, bought more cushions for them & kept the couches. Never heard from them again, until they switched ownership & again I... Show more

Aug 18 #1200841

Sure does... These are all men ( even the management) that more than likely got bullied in school & have to show off in some way & have some kinda power over someone's finances & issues to make them feel important...lol.

Jan 30 #1103337

Is this true please email me at jschmitt716@gmail.com and let me know I live in buffalo NY and the same *** is happening to me

Jan 30 #1103209

They ARE allowed by law to go to the door and demand items back. It states clearly in the contract...if a payment is missed.....they have all rights to seize the items purchased and deny any further payments......rentals or anything. Whoever wrote this is an ***.

8 7 Reply

1-20 of 416 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.