Rent A Center - go to aarons rental !!!!

Issue not resolved
Feb 09, 2011
review #220687

all you rent a center people GO TO AARONS RENTAL!!!!!i hate rent a center.its like dealing with a credit card company.or when they send you over to collections.maybe they should shut down their business.oh and just dont give them your phone number.tell them you dont have one at this time or it is unlisted.

you have to watch they tac on extra money sometimes if your payment is late.you are better off if you can afford it pay for most of the item.well like i said try aarons rental.have a good day

bd602c3
Had an experience with Rent A Center?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
Davestro

Oct 06, 2012

I have been using rent a center for a long time. I have only been late on one payment and they were very easy to deal with. They let me double up on my next payment and it was very easy process. I havent bought any used furniture from them, but if I did I wouldnt expect it to be in great condition. I did look at furniture at Aarons rent, but it was cheap imitation ashley furniture. It wasnt even made by Ashley they just bought ashley logo and put it on their furniture. Rent A Center should me Lane furniture and it is higher quality then even real ashley furniture. Just look at the construction and read the reviews. Service is outstanding in Monroe, NC for Rent a center, but I cant speak for other areas.

Kate

Jul 18, 2012

:sigh We rented a Samsung bottom freezer
refrigerator; also bought a used couch.
A tv was offered as an extra inducement to buy refrigerator. Well, refrigerator appeared new but we suspect it was used as the evaporator/condenser failed within 1 year. The loaner was in bad shape. We cancelled all of the contracts due to service, rudeness and inferior products. They are now suing me for the tv I won't pay for. The tv was a gift not a buy. The price of the Samsung is $1299 our price was $2900+.
I can see a company making a little off a rental but 2x the cost is too much; then it breaks down. Aaron's has labeled me a no-a-count and reported me for the free tv.
Talk about poor products and service! Goodbye Aaron's.

0 0 Reply
Aarons Rent-a-center is shady.

Apr 24, 2012

Everyone always told me aarons rent a center was a better way to go. I have to strongly disagree. Since day one of business with them, their customer service has been below poor. The prices randomly jump without notice. The staff is poorly trained at best, and very rude. Beyond that, when we wanted to trade in our couches for a new set, they sent their goons out to slice the back of our couch while we werent looking so they didnt have to take it back. They literally took a razor blade to the back of the couch so we couldnt return it. The people up there are a bunch of ghetto hoodlums who cant/should not be running a business. They are rude, unprofessional, shady, and they are proof behind the negative stereotype that is flint.

0 0 Reply
cat a correction of previous c

Dec 29, 2011

We are renting from RAC right now and we had returned our washer and dyer and they said we had a 1000 dollar credit however it can not be used on what we have still renting. When I tried to get something else with that credit they told me no just save it till u can come back and get ur washer and dryer back. Now as far as I remember the customer chooses what they want not the other way around. we are still paying for our things but after this i dont think we will go back to RAC :( :(

RAC

Dec 29, 2011

Jason

Oct 08, 2011

My 6 year old son got put in the hospital for a head injury was in there for a week which ment i was out of work for a week i called rac to see about making a double payment in a couple weeks they told me if i didn't make my payment they would come pick up my tv which by the way was only 4 months away from being paid for in full

steven Y

Oct 05, 2011

my Wife and I have been asking RAC for a final payout receipt for more than a bedroom set, Mac laptop, TV and Stand for more than three months now and keep getting the run around. We finally refused any further payments on our last items-Washer&Dryer-until we received a payout receipt, all of a sudden I am offerred a letter but still no receipt. I made my purchases at Conn's and financed them thru RAC, worse thing I could Have EVER done. I should have just bought it all out and bitten the bullet on spending the money all at once instead of spreading it over three 849.67 payments.
No one has answers or resolutions, but i get plenty of collection calls and threats.

sohail

Aug 25, 2011

go rental is one of the cheater i have ever seen ,688 great great north road

Aaronscustomer

Aug 14, 2011

I've been renting at Aarons almost a year and they have been great. The people at my store are friendly and recognize me when I come in to make my payments. If my due date is a few days before payday, I call them and let them know and they adjust my due date. When I got in a tight spot this month, they deferred a payment for me. So I will keep doing business with them.

Rent A Center

Aug 08, 2011

:( They dont work with you at all. I'm a customer and i'm returning my merchandise today. I had a payment due on saturday and just cause i was at work and couldnt make it in on time now they want 2 payments and im only 2 days late. They are ridiculous. They do harrass you and anyone on your reference list on the due date. Its sad how they conduct business.

rac5565

Jul 24, 2011

First RAC is a big joke they call you 6 to seven times starting at 10am on sat when your payments is due, not late but on your due date
that not including the automatic system that calls you now as a friendly reminder that calls you twice the attorney general office need to investigate this pratice

Rachael

Apr 25, 2011

CAn you return something if you can no longer pay for it?

Racemp

Apr 09, 2011

Everyone realize u are paying 4x the actual value of the merchandise??

Momofthree

Mar 12, 2011

Aarons is a rip off i rent from them and rent a center....rent a center dont charge you while they have your stuff repairing it if you break it Aarons make you pay for the item while it is being repaired and Aarons has some very rude ppl working for them and if you want to return something to Aarons they will come out and tell you it looks to use to take back! rent a center all the way here!!!!

Angry Indiana Customer

Feb 17, 2011

i agree i am a RAC customer as we speak. First the day of my delivery they broke my bedroom set, I had to wait a week for a different one because they did not have any more of the one i wanted in stock. Second, I fell into a hard time recently. I had to take some time off work due to illness and even though some of my payments have been late it was only one or two days from the due date they did not care. The day that your payment is due the office starts calling my phone to harrass me for a payment when it is not even late!!! Even a credit card company gives you a grace period. The only reason that I am STILL a customer is because it makes no sense to give back the merchandise when I only have 2.5 more months to pay these people. I have never met a rep that was willing to work with me but they will definitely threaten me and use rude language to "scare" you into paying. All i can really say is i wish that i had NEVER signed an agreement with this company, but it has taught me a valuable lesson. If i can not afford to buy it when i want it then i will have to wait until i can. This is an awful company.

RAC

Feb 11, 2011

Aarons also make their own furniture, charge for most service and delivery, and we price match. We give no obligation to keep the merchandise. If you can't afford to make a payment we allow you to return the merchandise to continue where you left off once you're on your feet. Most times we do allow late payments but what typically happens is those we were easy on make it a habit to be late. We typically have 20% of our customers who are late each week. 5 to 10% go a week or more.

RAChelp

Feb 10, 2011

Hi Michaeljoyce, I work with RAC and we’re sorry you feel that way. Rent-A-Center doesn't require big down payments or deposits, or a credit history but we do require that customers pay on time and we work to make that really clear when we discuss the agreements with the customers. Going forward, late fees apply when a payment is late, but we require that you make the first payment on time. If there are any issues that cannot be resolved with your local store, please contact Customer Support at 1-800-422-8186.

0 0 Reply

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about Rent A Center.
Filing a new complaint about
×