Rent A Center - RAC PAYMENT

Aug 09, 2008
review #130873

My problem with RAC is we were gone outta town and forgot to pay our payment before we left.So on Monday we call the told us we could not just pay for the one payment we had to pay TWO. So we told them we pay Saturday for both the.Then weeks later It was OK again to pay on Monday the manger there need to get his *** figured out .So since they done that to us we pay every two weeks and let them keep calling .and don't answer them then two weeks come around we pay em..

ac44206
Had an experience with Rent A Center?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
yumad4

May 24, 2012

rac is raking in the money while you all pay double what its worth. cool concept of renting to own but to pay double price for a couch or something you can get cheap gently used is silly. even get the cheap stuff then save for the good stuff. american pride gets in the way and we only want new stuff even if we cant afford it. way to go rac you won lol.
not directed at anyone but rac and american pride lol

upsetmom

May 24, 2012

call and Harrass u 24/7 if ur payments late

JusMe25

Aug 12, 2008 Ironton, Missouri

I'm currently working for rac. I admit that I'd much rather be doing something else, but they kinda trap you with the weekly pay, benefits, etc. I've only been with the company for 5 months and I already see both sides of the business and how it affects consumers and employees alike. On one hand, you have a company where the investors are relying on the employees or 'coworkers' to hit a close of 5.9% at the ending of each week. These investors are purchasing this at a price of what ever it may be at that time.
On the other hand, you have average citizens who may or may not have the money to go to best buy or whatever. Or may just not want to shell out all that money at once. They have the option of paying the weekly price, twice a month, or monthly. The consumer is NEVER locked into the entire term price. Let's say an item has a 90-day cash price of $400, but if you pay 14.99 for the entire term in the weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly option you would have paid $800. At the very bottom of the agreement, it says that the consumer still has an early purchase option of 60% of the total term price which is the $800 basically. The consumer can exercise this option at ANY TIME during the duration of their agreement. So, that means if you paid $150 after a period of let's say 10 weeks. A little over two months you would have put $150 into this item and if you want to pay it out within the 90-day period all you need is $250 within 3 weeks. Sounds like a lot in three weeks
... Show more

0 0 Reply

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about Rent A Center.
Filing a new complaint about
×