San Diego, California
68.1K views 501 comments

i worked for rent a center and i know first hand of their bullying scare tactics and over all shiester buisness practices. let me put your mind to ease if you are being harrassed for non payment of your items

1) if you fail to pay they can not come to your home and demand payment.

2)they can not enter your home and seize the items.

3)they can not wait outside your residance to confront you about payment.

4)they can not call your referances and enquire about you for non payment

5) you are not required to give them the items back.

6)they must stay away from you and your home and freinds. if they want the items back by law they are to leave you alone and file a small claims action for the items. this process can take up to 6 months or more. in the mean time the items depriciate in value. you do not have to attend the small claims hearing. what will happen is the judge will dissmiss their case against you and inform them that like a credit card this is a credit issue and they need to put it against your credit rateing. if they are doing any of the things i mentioned in 1-5 you can call the police and tell them they are harrasing you and/or scareing you your family and freinds. also, BIG NO NO RENT A CENTER CAN NOT CALL YOUR WORK FOR YOUR NON PAYMENT!

Review about: Electronics And Furniture.

Review #203158 is a subjective opinion of a user.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Rent A Center?

Comments

Anonymous 1
Edenton, North Carolina, United States #1342450

Rent a center put a warrant out on me for failure to return rental property and I knew nothing about it , and I gave the items back and still had to go to jail and still have to go to court , smh

Lexington, North Carolina, United States #1340839

Is this really true? cause I have had the worse issues with rent a center doing this stuff to me. They even tried to say that since I moved without telling them they would have charges taken out on us for stolen property.

Austin, Texas, United States #1337055

The rent off cent hear in Austin are really b@d hear off threating me

Yea but I live in texas every state laws are different does that apply to texas

to Anonymous #1342914

Omg you really went to jail ?!

Liz

I am currently in a situation with Aarons.At the time I was able to afford this bedroom furniture that I sign for.

But as I told them months later my rent went up and I was having a hard time paying them. they tried to work with me and remodify the contract to pay as cash to 900.00. By the way they do not take bed sets back and I really just wanted them to take it back. I was late one time on payment and the bedset went back to 1800.00.

they stop by my house they threaten to take me to court. Im enrolled in debt consolidation program and I wish they would send me to collections so they can get settled.

Do I still pay for furniture I told them to come pick up.I didn't want it and they still harass me to pay.

LadyScot
to Liz Naples, Florida, United States #1332320

Yes.You were told up front, and it is in your contract, that they do not take beds back.

Would you want to buy a bed someone else had slept on? And what about bed bugs? THAT is why they do not take them back. To o easy to get an infestation in their store and contaminate all their merchandise.

You call it harassment. I call it they worked with you, even reworked your contract, and you still do not pay what you owe.

That is not harassment.That is expecting you to honor the contract you signed.

I have had a few rough patches that got me behind.I work all the time and so does my fiance who works second shift.

Besides this, I have three children who keep me busy. I stopped doing business with them since they harass you nonstop with phone calls. Well, I work weekends. And apparently one of the guys from RAC told me since I told him I might not be able to be home Saturday on time for them to pick up their items.

Well, they told me if I wasn't home and they had to wait until Monday that they would be force to make me pay what I owe.Can they do this?

Author
to Anonymous Lima, Ohio, United States #1325125

And just to add, I told them that they COULD pick it up Monday. That is when they made a big deal about it and said they couldn't wait until Monday that if they have to wait they will be forced to make me pay.

LadyScot
to Anonymous Naples, Florida, United States #1328618

Yes.They can sue you for the balance, and also sue you for hindering a secured creditor when you fail to allow them to pick up the property you have not paid for.

Hindering a secured creditor can get you arrested. Also, your work and kid issues are not their problem.

THEY did what they were required to do: give you merchandise on a contract.YOU have failed to do what you are required to do, and then you have failed to allow them to legally take back their product.