86.2K views

i worked for rent a center and i know first hand of their bullying scare tactics and over all shiester buisness practices. let me put your mind to ease if you are being harrassed for non payment of your items

1) if you fail to pay they can not come to your home and demand payment.

2)they can not enter your home and seize the items.

3)they can not wait outside your residance to confront you about payment.

4)they can not call your referances and enquire about you for non payment

5) you are not required to give them the items back.

6)they must stay away from you and your home and freinds. if they want the items back by law they are to leave you alone and file a small claims action for the items. this process can take up to 6 months or more. in the mean time the items depriciate in value. you do not have to attend the small claims hearing. what will happen is the judge will dissmiss their case against you and inform them that like a credit card this is a credit issue and they need to put it against your credit rateing. if they are doing any of the things i mentioned in 1-5 you can call the police and tell them they are harrasing you and/or scareing you your family and freinds. also, BIG NO NO RENT A CENTER CAN NOT CALL YOUR WORK FOR YOUR NON PAYMENT!

Comments

First of all, spell check.Now it depends entirely on your state.

In some states they can have you arrested for non payment. They can call you. They can visit your home. It seems that this post was made by a disgruntled employee, and unfortunately the post is full of misinformation.

The agreement that you sign is carefully made out so that all legalities are covered.If you cannot pay, simply return it - why deal with the embarrassment?

Star69

She not lien police tell u to take it to small claim courts its nothing thy can do

Thy are doin me like this in im miss one payment only been a week in some change my check running late..

This whole post is stupid they can do everything this persons saying they can’t read your agreements before signing them

U can be arrested i just called state police to ask them im 14 days late pay them because if you dont they will file a report and send to court for a warrant. Judges think people r clowns that lease items and dont pay if you cant pay then return and why dont you want to return thats an intent to steal and will land in jail the process takes 6 months to a year

Aarons in philadelphia are pounding on my door and calling every few dsys.called my mom too.ive missd one payment what can they do if i dont pay

Star69
to John #1433641

Thy have a law sue in no Thy cant because taxes pay it up after a while u want hear from them again because i had tvs beds in was almost done

You sign a contract when you rent from them.As long as you sign a contract it's not theft .

I does not matter if you only made 1 payment. You cannot go to jail period.

They will bully you to get you to pay because they only have a certain amount of time before they have to turn it over to a creditor.They will lie and tell you your going to jail, they are putting a warrant out for your arrest, there is a court date pending etc....all B.S.

to Mccullum19 #1426425

I just got arrested for this.I moved and I called them letting them know I couldn't find a job and couldn't make payments.

According to them , Because I had moved outside of their county they couldn't come pick up the furniture. I gave them my new address and told them the furniture was available for pick up at anytime. No one ever came. They then sent an investigator from the police to call me and ask about the furniture.

I told her the same rhing. Its here at this address, they can come get it when ever they want. Again... No one came.

Fast forward 6 months, I get arrested on felony charges. I have never been in any kind of trouble with the law. I am a full time student and a mom of 3. Ive done nothing wrong to my knowledge.

They refused to pick up the sofas how is it my fault? Now ive lost my opportunity to continue my education or get a decent job. We all know how hard it is to get a job with a felony. Not sure what to do now.

I have court on Monday.Keep me in your prayers.

to K.A #1432361

What you can do is have your criminal record expunged. Whatever state you reside in, google how to expunge criminal record for cases where "adjudication withheld" or "adjudication not withheld.