Dont let rent a center bully you!

930 of 1306 Rent A Center reviews

i worked for rent a center and i know first hand of their bullying scare tactics and over all shiester buisness practices. let me put your mind to ease if you are being harrassed for non payment of your items

1) if you fail to pay they can not come to your home and demand payment.

2)they can not enter your home and seize the items.

3)they can not wait outside your residance to confront you about payment.

4)they can not call your referances and enquire about you for non payment

5) you are not required to give them the items back.

6)they must stay away from you and your home and freinds. if they want the items back by law they are to leave you alone and file a small claims action for the items. this process can take up to 6 months or more. in the mean time the items depriciate in value. you do not have to attend the small claims hearing. what will happen is the judge will dissmiss their case against you and inform them that like a credit card this is a credit issue and they need to put it against your credit rateing. if they are doing any of the things i mentioned in 1-5 you can call the police and tell them they are harrasing you and/or scareing you your family and freinds. also, BIG NO NO RENT A CENTER CAN NOT CALL YOUR WORK FOR YOUR NON PAYMENT!

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Had the same issue 476 Yes 476
930 of 1306 Rent A Center reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

19 hours ago #1249595 New Braunfels, Texas, United States

Rent a center so called policies are bull as well so don't try and back the company up when you don't know the situations so called saying to return"items you stole" morons. I also was having financial problems and was 4 weeks late had the met handise for 2 years already had only 3 more months to finish paying off and when I call to finally make a payment they denied me and said they merchandise was scheduled for pickup and I could not make a payment. That's bad business in my eyes and they lost a customer.

1 day ago #1249376 Plymouth Meeting, Pennsylvania, United States

that is all bull, but if you are a person who wishes to be a thief don't show up to court please that makes life much easier, also by contract rent a center does have rights but I doubt he was their long enough to read the contract. As for the whole credit bull, rent a center doesn't use credit for or against you unless they bring you to court, so basically he knows nothing at all.

Nov 17 #1241975 Bloomfield, New Jersey, United States

Theres no rent law in new jersey.. i say the best time to get some free shiit is when your about to move out from your apartment. That way if they come looking for u, ur not there haa

1 0 Reply

Oct 10 #1225074

Does anybody know bout oklahoma with rent a center

Oct 10 #1225071

how does this work in oklahoma

Oct 06 #1223383 Miami, Florida, United States

My fiance rented s tv and had insurance on it well he was moving it and fell and the screen broke we took it back and they said insurance dosent cover it my fiance have had some health problems and they are call and texting my phone wanting payment we told them we would pay it in a few weeks can they anything to him

Sep 19 #1214933 Mt. Washington, Kentucky, United States

You are partially correct. As a landlord, I have let many rent a center personnel into a unit to reclaim their property. I have also seen at least five of those people arrested for grand larceny. Your employment history aside, you are wrong on at least two of your points.

Sep 09 #1210503

I'm 4 weeks late on payment. I almost lost my house so I'm dealing with that. They have showed up multiple times in a day. So I can call the police? I also believe they froze my bank account

1 day ago #1249379 Plymouth Meeting, Pennsylvania, United States

Froze you bank account that's a new one, try giving the items that you are stealing back maybe they would stop coming by. Or maybe just untIL you get back on your feet and if you haven't wasted you money by hiding what isn't yours you can start where you left off, a gun in the contract. Give it a read.

Oct 01 #1221007 Kansas City, Missouri, United States

No, this is true. I am a resident of independence, Missouri and 15% of my paychecks are now being garnished from rent a center suing me. Just give the item back or call and set up a payment plan.

1 0 Reply
Poo

Sep 07 #1209112 Garland, Texas, United States

Rent a center keep saying they taking me to court I'm going to have a warrant issued

Sep 09 #1210023 Baltimore, Maryland, United States

They told me i was going court had papers sent do i have to show up i dont have baby siter

Sep 02 #1207371

I have a question if my payment is not due yet can they take my stuff away the payment its late and they are harassing me and scarring m kid's

Aug 31 #1206414

Is this true

0 5 Reply

Aug 28 #1204711

Is this for all states??

1-20 of 440 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.