110K views

i worked for rent a center and i know first hand of their bullying scare tactics and over all shiester buisness practices. let me put your mind to ease if you are being harrassed for non payment of your items

1) if you fail to pay they can not come to your home and demand payment.

2)they can not enter your home and seize the items.

3)they can not wait outside your residance to confront you about payment.

4)they can not call your referances and enquire about you for non payment

5) you are not required to give them the items back.

6)they must stay away from you and your home and freinds. if they want the items back by law they are to leave you alone and file a small claims action for the items. this process can take up to 6 months or more. in the mean time the items depriciate in value. you do not have to attend the small claims hearing. what will happen is the judge will dissmiss their case against you and inform them that like a credit card this is a credit issue and they need to put it against your credit rateing. if they are doing any of the things i mentioned in 1-5 you can call the police and tell them they are harrasing you and/or scareing you your family and freinds. also, BIG NO NO RENT A CENTER CAN NOT CALL YOUR WORK FOR YOUR NON PAYMENT!

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Oct 18, 2010.

Comments

Don't get @#$# you can't afford........ Pay for the @#$# you took rather than stealing....

Problem solved......You're welcome.... This is why people won't "work with" anyone. There's always a coven of dead beat whining about contracts they signed and sharing tips and tricks on how to get out of paying.

When a REAL man or woman comes along with real issues, they will be painted with the dead beat brush thanks to you nasty people. And you wonder why your credit is @#$# and you're forced to rent furniture or buy cars from a buy here pay here lot.

Me too. Single mom amd u was 2 weeks late on bed payment and they have been banging on my Windows.calling everyone I know .its horrible

I'm 2 weeks behind and i told them I would pay the 26th of December and i will bring laptop back on the 26th. They have threaten me with jail and supposely filed charges against me yesterday

So even if they threaten to take me to jail

Does this apply in Colorado?

Too bad you didn't grow this spine while working there. What is this, your penance or is this manifesto the result of being fired?

Let me guess, if they didn't hurt your feelings you would still be there doing items 1-5. I can't tell if you're a fool who doesn't know the law or a troll setting people up for failure. IF YOU ARE SUED & DO NOT SHOW UP... expect a judgement to be entered against you at which point the creditors will go wild on you adding fees and garnishing your wages.

This is where the fun begins, your weak credit will drop even further and you'll find yourself having a hard time paying your other bills or getting a new place. Forget about going anywhere other than a glorified buy here pay here place for a car. Pray the new job you want doesn't pull your credit and the case which is now public record. Get ready for poor credit for 7 years, 10 if you're forced into bankruptcy.

Solution, don't trade with these people. If you do, pay your bills.

They have harassed me since the 1st week I was late paying. Calling my job multiple times a dy even after my bosses told them to quit, my friends, family.

They were coming to my home all hours of the day and night. I even have them on video blocking me and my kids in at the store & when we managed to squeeze by them they then chased us in excess of 60mph speeds for over 10 miles. Now I'm being hit with a felony charge of Embezzlement!

WHAT?!?! Is that legal??

to Moe #1609148

Pay you bill Problem solved You're welcome

Can they send the police to my job?

What if u cant afford it..asked for them to pick up..but they refuse item?

I just renta center screaming at my front door..the sheriff is coming tomorrow..what is the law in georgia

You can't own a business and result in thuggish behavior, they will get what they give out, let them mess with the wrong people, like us, and many friends and people we know!!! I would like to know who runs this business, because If they tried this *** with me and my family my husband would call his crew from the projects and stand outside their house and lets see if they come outside, I dare them, lets see if they like it done to them.

If they came to our house, my husband would mess their *** up by himself! Don't awake the beast in my husband is all I can say!!!!

You can't own a business and result in thuggish behavior, I would like to know who runs this business, because If they tried this *** with me and my family my husband would call his crew from the projects and stand outside their house and lets see if they come out out, lets see if they like it done to them. I they came to our house, my husband would would mess their *** up by himself! Don't awake the beast in my husband is all I can say!!!!

Is it the same wuth all rental stores?

They are doing all of the things you listed and I have informed them my sister is in a epeletic coma they told me I'm lying and keep coming to her house and called all her references including me

This person might have wanted to work the job a little longer lmao. Nothing It is now a crime to not return rental property in the state of new york. Also small claims courts do not dismiss a case because you didn't show up lmao

Lol at whoever wrote this article , rent a center can call your job, they can call your references , we Can come to your house and demand payment. They will take u to court and they WILL enter your home with a sheriff and locksmith you retrieve merch that is theirs..

Some counties do not allow to enter home but most do.. So do not do what this person is saying

to Jessir #1567361

Ok. No, they cannot enter your home.

And with a deputy and a locksmith.

Learn the law in your state. It does not work that way.

to Anonymous #1587692

This guy's an idiot..wish they would try that with me..I would sue them n be rich

to Jessir #1576214

Wrong as a former rent to own company employee, no law enforcement will get involved because it is a civil matter not criminal. Now it varies state to state but most common pleas judges will dismiss unless the amount is very large.

Yes they can come to your and ask for payment but after a certain point it does become aggressive harrasment and the customer can then call the police. In no *** way will law enforcemt and a locksmith break into someones home over a rent own agreement.