100K views

i worked for rent a center and i know first hand of their bullying scare tactics and over all shiester buisness practices. let me put your mind to ease if you are being harrassed for non payment of your items

1) if you fail to pay they can not come to your home and demand payment.

2)they can not enter your home and seize the items.

3)they can not wait outside your residance to confront you about payment.

4)they can not call your referances and enquire about you for non payment

5) you are not required to give them the items back.

6)they must stay away from you and your home and freinds. if they want the items back by law they are to leave you alone and file a small claims action for the items. this process can take up to 6 months or more. in the mean time the items depriciate in value. you do not have to attend the small claims hearing. what will happen is the judge will dissmiss their case against you and inform them that like a credit card this is a credit issue and they need to put it against your credit rateing. if they are doing any of the things i mentioned in 1-5 you can call the police and tell them they are harrasing you and/or scareing you your family and freinds. also, BIG NO NO RENT A CENTER CAN NOT CALL YOUR WORK FOR YOUR NON PAYMENT!

Comments

Lol at whoever wrote this article , rent a center can call your job, they can call your references , we Can come to your house and demand payment. They will take u to court and they WILL enter your home with a sheriff and locksmith you retrieve merch that is theirs..

Some counties do not allow to enter home but most do.. So do not do what this person is saying

to Jessir #1567361

Ok. No, they cannot enter your home.

And with a deputy and a locksmith.

Learn the law in your state. It does not work that way.

Does this apply to Iowa as well I know that the laws vary from State to state

I as well have had horrible problems with RAC... Will never suggest them to anyone...

They have HORRIBLE guest relations skills. They try and bully you into submission. My son was recently informed and I was out of work for a month, explained this to them, initially had no problems until within a week of informing them of situation and that I would go online AS soon as my personal leave pay was deposited at end of month. I returned to work a couple days at the end of month before the deposit went in and they showed up at my house and sat outside STALKING and HARASSING my 16 year old daughter.

My sister called police.. now they are threatening to have me charged with a felony if I don't return..Here we are with over half of it paid off and they are using police to harrass me now while I'm out of town working. Even the biggest credit card companies don't put you through *** when things go wrong... Ya know, the old saying " catch more flies with honey, not vinegar"...

But I have come to the conclusion that they are crooks who put you through this so they can make triple the money if able to, especially on high dollar items rather than look at the fact of the customer being almost done with contract and paid off. They are ruthless and crooked...

to Madi #1562239

"My son was recently injured" not informed lol

I've tried rent center a number of times they are bully's and crooks they always waited til I had my stuff almost paid then find a reason to come get it I've had them come in my door try to take a bed mattress I got when I had only missed 3 weeks cause I was in the hospital I came home they tried to make me sick on it get out of the bed lay on the floor my husband told them to get out they knew they went to far they gave us the bed 2 weeks latermore stories to tell butt to long they are bully's the scare u threaten u

Can there bring the cops and a lock Smith to your and get there stuff back

to Anonymous #1566445

to Jessie #1567362

No, they can't! What state are you in? I'm in Alabama and my neighbor got a rent a center employee arrested because he tried to push his way into her home.

I have offered to make a payment of $150.00 on a $397.00 bill, but he keeps asking me over and over when can get the rest, I told them two weeks later and he paused, I asked him if he still wanted the payment he said yes but needed the rest before the two weeks, so I told him well I will call you back when I can come up with the rest, now they ant stop calling, text- messaging and leaving v-mails

Well they have contacted my references and has been to my home and I live in a locked building this is not the first time they have harrassed me and I'm disabled

to Js #1555795

No they try to scare u they don't care they have no compassion they aren't allowed to jail u or not suppose to harass u in disabled they done me awful

Renter center is trying to get a double payment from me in which I don't have, they keep calling my house, about the money. They keep telling me to bring it in a certain time like you need to have the payment in by 4.00

They called my contact and told him they are in front of my house to repossess the items and told him to call me because they didn't have my number however I updated it with them weeks earlier and was in contact with them daily. They called my landlord and we are now facing the possibility of rental termination because they showed up unannounced on posted private property and no trespassing.

The manager threatened to call my work. Is there anything I can do legally?

to Kristi #1525094

Legally? Well, you could have made your payments as defined in the Rental Agreement Contract you chose to sign. Or surrender the leased property back to the lawful owner (here a hint, its not you).

to Anonymous #1527895

Which Rentacenter do you work at? What about stealing from desperate people makes you so holy anyway.

Me and my husband who are in the process of getting a divorce separated and he kept the stuff that is in his name so i cant fight for nothing and i wont but now there calling all the references we put down telling them if they dont get a hold of us and tell us to call them they will put a warrant out for our arrest ! So i called them to let them know i was separating from my husband and they were say "well were looking at your facebook right now of your separating from your husband why you still have pictures on you facebook of him" im like wtf cause hes the fatherof my kids thats why wtf so now there threatninge to send a warrant out for my arrest and hjs of we dont givethe stuff back when im clearly telling her that i dont know were my ex husband lives !

I have been charged with a felony for not returning the items on time I have been arrested lost my job I have court coming up but renT a center has there items do I think they will dismis the charge

That's not true. I just went to jail for a warrant for not returning leased items.

Its considered fraud and a felony. Bad part is, he refused my payments cause I was 2 weeks late.Greedy man wanted the money I had paid and the merchandise so he could resale it.

to Krystalc2007 #1555966

What state do you live in?