Dont let rent a center bully you!

i worked for rent a center and i know first hand of their bullying scare tactics and over all shiester buisness practices. let me put your mind to ease if you are being harrassed for non payment of your items

1) if you fail to pay they can not come to your home and demand payment.

2)they can not enter your home and seize the items.

3)they can not wait outside your residance to confront you about payment.

4)they can not call your referances and enquire about you for non payment

5) you are not required to give them the items back.

6)they must stay away from you and your home and freinds. if they want the items back by law they are to leave you alone and file a small claims action for the items. this process can take up to 6 months or more. in the mean time the items depriciate in value. you do not have to attend the small claims hearing. what will happen is the judge will dissmiss their case against you and inform them that like a credit card this is a credit issue and they need to put it against your credit rateing. if they are doing any of the things i mentioned in 1-5 you can call the police and tell them they are harrasing you and/or scareing you your family and freinds. also, BIG NO NO RENT A CENTER CAN NOT CALL YOUR WORK FOR YOUR NON PAYMENT!

Report Comment Private message author

Helpful? 594 Yes 594 1410 No 1410
Had the same issue 472 Yes 472
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Sep 19 #1214933 Mt. Washington, Kentucky

You are partially correct. As a landlord, I have let many rent a center personnel into a unit to reclaim their property. I have also seen at least five of those people arrested for grand larceny. Your employment history aside, you are wrong on at least two of your points.

Sep 09 #1210503

I'm 4 weeks late on payment. I almost lost my house so I'm dealing with that. They have showed up multiple times in a day. So I can call the police? I also believe they froze my bank account

Sep 09 #1210489 Independence, Missouri

What if you live in Missouri can criminal charges be filed.

3 hours ago #1221007 Kansas City, Missouri

No, this is true. I am a resident of independence, Missouri and 15% of my paychecks are now being garnished from rent a center suing me. Just give the item back or call and set up a payment plan.

Sep 09 #1210068 Sanford, Maine

scammed me as well

Poo

Sep 07 #1209112 Garland, Texas

Rent a center keep saying they taking me to court I'm going to have a warrant issued

Sep 09 #1210023 Baltimore, Maryland

They told me i was going court had papers sent do i have to show up i dont have baby siter

Sep 02 #1207371

I have a question if my payment is not due yet can they take my stuff away the payment its late and they are harassing me and scarring m kid's

Aug 31 #1206414

Is this true

0 2 Reply

Aug 28 #1204711

Is this for all states??

Aug 26 #1204025

They keep saying schedule a pick up day for us to come at our stuff or we getting the police involved

0 1 Reply

Aug 22 #1202161

I have been called the morning that my payment was due. It's like I was looked at sideways because I preferred to come in to make a payment in the store instead of giving my information over the phone. I can't wait to be done with this company. The manager seemed a little uncomfortable that I was asking so many questions while doing the paperwork. I heard him over the phone telling his district manager that I have a lady here " obviously she's educated" have a question about the rate on the contract. Being rude is not great customer service. If I didn't put so much on my furniture I would return it, but I see there are no refunds. I'm trying my best to save at pay it all off very soon. Too much rudeness in this company.

1 2 Reply

Aug 03 #1194437 El Dorado, Kansas

rent a center has shown up at my job before and they have called me at work lots of times

Jul 29 #1192035 Dallas, Texas

Thanks very helpful

Jul 27 #1190554 San Marcos, Texas

Can rent a center show up or threaten to show up at 11:00 p.m at night? I have been getting text and calls since 9:30 at night saying they are coming to my house?

Mar 16 #1128617

They are the worst at harassing you for non payment and they have done all of this to me constantly calling my work even asked my employees for my work address. People are late on payments sometimes and 10 plus phone calls a day on your personal phone and at your work is ridiculous..

7 0 Reply

Mar 12 #1126309

I think.same applies for Aarron too

Mar 12 #1126400

Is this true and reliable information or is this just someone's opinion

8 3 Reply
user26326123

Feb 18 #1113842

no anon whimp who wont post his name. they can not. i got them removed for it. And i sued them for harassment since i didn't have the items. they tried to grab my daughter.

0 4 Reply

1-20 of 427 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.