Not resolved

i worked for rent a center and i know first hand of their bullying scare tactics and over all shiester buisness practices. let me put your mind to ease if you are being harrassed for non payment of your items

1) if you fail to pay they can not come to your home and demand payment.

2)they can not enter your home and seize the items.

3)they can not wait outside your residance to confront you about payment.

4)they can not call your referances and enquire about you for non payment

5) you are not required to give them the items back.

6)they must stay away from you and your home and freinds. if they want the items back by law they are to leave you alone and file a small claims action for the items. this process can take up to 6 months or more. in the mean time the items depriciate in value. you do not have to attend the small claims hearing. what will happen is the judge will dissmiss their case against you and inform them that like a credit card this is a credit issue and they need to put it against your credit rateing. if they are doing any of the things i mentioned in 1-5 you can call the police and tell them they are harrasing you and/or scareing you your family and freinds. also, BIG NO NO RENT A CENTER CAN NOT CALL YOUR WORK FOR YOUR NON PAYMENT!

Had an Experience with Rent A Center?

Write a review


Terms of Service
Post Comment

My stuff got stolen, and I brought the report, they still want me to pay, I have 7 payments left, they say if I don't pay the will garnish my wadages can they do this


What legally can they do against me?Can they call the police on me & say I'm not returning the item?

I took my item on a trip and I lost it in the chaos of the trip.What is going to happen?


They called me at my place of employment asking me to pay, is this legal?


OMG I've been waiting 4 months for them to claim their property.I've not paid and told them to come get it.

I moved to Wisconsin from Missouri and they said they have no way to get it. Ok..... So am I to hold on to this stuff for the next 10 years hoping something doesn't happen to it and I get charged or some ***. There has to be a law that if they don't get it after so many days it's yours.

For real.I'm bout to start charging them storage fees for real


they put a warrant out on my sister and she ended up serving 3 days in jail in a different state. This was all because my sister moved and her roommate stole the furniture for herself.


o, qiestion, a friend of mine rented some stuff fro rent a center.She made her first payment, and then she moved.

She had to go out of town for a family emergency that required her to stay longer. Why she didnt call them and tell them that, dont know. However she used me as a reference and they have showed up at my house, looking for her on more than one occassion. So, she called me today, and was like rent a center showed up at her house.

Now, she moved from where she had the furniture delivered too. But how could rent a center find her new address. She called me talking ***, like b**** i know you gave them my address. Im like what are you talking about.

Appparently the showed up at her house. I dont even know where you live. So my question is, can rent a center find out where you live after you move.

Or do i need to tell my friend that unfortunately whoever else she put down as her reference told them where she live.And also, what advice can I give her Because i told her either give heir stuff back or pay it, but she is too afraid to go in there thinking she is going to be arrested or someting

to Anonymous #1360664

Yes, it is very easy to find out where someone has moved.Returned service requested letters.

Electric or water companys. An easy google search usually will provide a new address. Ypur friend should be more of an adilt and take responsibility for her legal binding contracts and stop over reacting on her friends.

They can file criminial charges and a warrent can be issued and you can go to jail for non payment, failure to return lease to own merchindise.She needs to call them to go get it Asap.

to Anonymous #1364583

They found out where she lived through her us postal address change once you do that ANYONE CAN FIND YOU

to Anonymous #1371733

Their prob was a tracking device in there stuff so your freind should forgive u


What if an item has the same serial numbers on them

You May Also Like