100K views

i worked for rent a center and i know first hand of their bullying scare tactics and over all shiester buisness practices. let me put your mind to ease if you are being harrassed for non payment of your items

1) if you fail to pay they can not come to your home and demand payment.

2)they can not enter your home and seize the items.

3)they can not wait outside your residance to confront you about payment.

4)they can not call your referances and enquire about you for non payment

5) you are not required to give them the items back.

6)they must stay away from you and your home and freinds. if they want the items back by law they are to leave you alone and file a small claims action for the items. this process can take up to 6 months or more. in the mean time the items depriciate in value. you do not have to attend the small claims hearing. what will happen is the judge will dissmiss their case against you and inform them that like a credit card this is a credit issue and they need to put it against your credit rateing. if they are doing any of the things i mentioned in 1-5 you can call the police and tell them they are harrasing you and/or scareing you your family and freinds. also, BIG NO NO RENT A CENTER CAN NOT CALL YOUR WORK FOR YOUR NON PAYMENT!

Comments

to Kristi #1525094

Legally? Well, you could have made your payments as defined in the Rental Agreement Contract you chose to sign. Or surrender the leased property back to the lawful owner (here a hint, its not you).

to Anonymous #1527895

Which Rentacenter do you work at? What about stealing from desperate people makes you so holy anyway.

Me and my husband who are in the process of getting a divorce separated and he kept the stuff that is in his name so i cant fight for nothing and i wont but now there calling all the references we put down telling them if they dont get a hold of us and tell us to call them they will put a warrant out for our arrest ! So i called them to let them know i was separating from my husband and they were say "well were looking at your facebook right now of your separating from your husband why you still have pictures on you facebook of him" im like wtf cause hes the fatherof my kids thats why wtf so now there threatninge to send a warrant out for my arrest and hjs of we dont givethe stuff back when im clearly telling her that i dont know were my ex husband lives !

I have been charged with a felony for not returning the items on time I have been arrested lost my job I have court coming up but renT a center has there items do I think they will dismis the charge

That's not true. I just went to jail for a warrant for not returning leased items.

Its considered fraud and a felony. Bad part is, he refused my payments cause I was 2 weeks late.Greedy man wanted the money I had paid and the merchandise so he could resale it.

to Krystalc2007 #1555966

What state do you live in?

to Anonymous #1562014

What about in florida will u go to jail

I've rented from Affordable home furnishing in Louisiana, I called store to returned merchandise, after I missed calls from the store just made a month pass due, the have gotten a warrant issued for my arrest, when the whole I've been calling them to get there merchandise because I purchased new furniture elsewhere. I've called corporate office and the district manager calls me back saying turn myself in and then they will get a officer to export my family to my home to get there merchandise.

I returned the stuff I rented from them after requesting they come get it over a month ago now after only a months rental where I made 2 payments that month just like I was supposed to. Supposedly no termination fees.

They want money for the few days that lapsed after payment was overdue (think they give you 7 days before you either pay up or give it back) understandable maybe but not a huge issue to be calling multiple times a day from different numbers like that almost over a month later for 60 bucks at most after having their items back. What gets me is years ago I rented from them, a laptop and paid it off making my payments on time everytime and I also never received one call. Fast forward to twice somewhat recently and they will call you 50 million times starting early morning as soon as they open on the first day it’s due. I had planned to pay that first day online already but they literally don’t even give the person a chance.

That irritated me and was a red flag to me that something was possibly off about this company now because like I said, I didn’t experience this behavior years ago. I think they harass simply because they can get away with it but they got their items back like I said so I’m assuming they really have no options at this point.

They can file at the courthouse to get it but filing fees for that, court fees and any other fees not really worth it for 60 bucks but by all means if it means that much then go for it. I’ll also do my best to drag it out so they end up spending even more.

to Anonymous #1494158

I’ll end up being told to pay it if it goes to court obviously but in the end they will also be paying way more to get my payment.

You are so wrong on so many levels lol. Please don't practice law, also its friend not freind, rating not rating. Lol.

I have been getting called endless times about the stuff we are renting from them. My bf and i have hit a little bit of hard times and have told them that on the first we would have a payment for them, yet they still came and repossessed the items only after coming to my door saying they are from a church group to get me to answer the door. How is that legal when the manager agreed to us making the payment on the first

to Anonymous #1525532

Of course this is legal. You have broken the Contract you signed. They are simply trying to recover there property.

They came after ours and wouldn't take it they said it had bed bugs but it didn't now they are saying they are getting a warrant a year later

That's all a lie we can call precinct 1 and they send a officer to your house so we can pick it up

to Anonymous #1492693

That's a lie. I've been a recovery agent for 17 yrs.

Same case with us if we can not get to the collateral. Only thing we can do is go in with a replevin order. You can't just call the police and walk in someone's house.

Quit lieing. People like you give us a bad name.

to Anonymous #1558101

Wow you guys even get on these websites to lie and scare? Lol.

Actually, because the customer is not protected from you by the fair credit reporting act... neither are those places protected by any means either... hence the harassment and b.s. they cant call the police on you, they can but it's not going to do anything, they cant put you in jail, and btw if you've already paid 8 grand for stuff that is only worth maybe 1500...

no judge in any court room is going to rule in favor of the place who's gotten more than double their moneys worth for something. It's just like when a car gets repoed.. by law, they can only charge you for what its worth and what they didnt get at auction... a car worth 7000 at auction they got 6000 they can only put 1000 on your credit.

And if your going to a place like this.. you have crap for credit anyways. But my question is... I've got a contracted amount it was 400$ a month, they're now trying to charge me 700$..

or ya know threatening calls, stalking, harassing.. no late payment I'm just very close to pay out... so it's like they're trying to charge me more that I cannot afford... why?

8 grand I've paid already.. is that not enough for stuff that's only worth 1500? Its very wrong... I understand some people go in pay for a week and steal it..

I'm not sympathizing with those people that's very wrong.. it's people that struggle to begin with, pay these places thousands of dollars and then they up it and do everything to be threatening, harassing, stalking... is this why only 25% of customers end up paying things off? Because they're being screwed?

I just dont understand how these employees live with themselves...

with how they treat people after one day late.. and it's like they enjoy it.

a water hose full blast will keep them off your porch

What if they do not have your paperwork that is signed as they only delivered it but don’t have any other information from me

to AC #1478772

They don’t have a copy of my ID or anything. On top of they have me paying for a six piece bedroom set that I have yet to receive as it was a new item and what is on back order it’s been eight weeks