110K views

i worked for rent a center and i know first hand of their bullying scare tactics and over all shiester buisness practices. let me put your mind to ease if you are being harrassed for non payment of your items

1) if you fail to pay they can not come to your home and demand payment.

2)they can not enter your home and seize the items.

3)they can not wait outside your residance to confront you about payment.

4)they can not call your referances and enquire about you for non payment

5) you are not required to give them the items back.

6)they must stay away from you and your home and freinds. if they want the items back by law they are to leave you alone and file a small claims action for the items. this process can take up to 6 months or more. in the mean time the items depriciate in value. you do not have to attend the small claims hearing. what will happen is the judge will dissmiss their case against you and inform them that like a credit card this is a credit issue and they need to put it against your credit rateing. if they are doing any of the things i mentioned in 1-5 you can call the police and tell them they are harrasing you and/or scareing you your family and freinds. also, BIG NO NO RENT A CENTER CAN NOT CALL YOUR WORK FOR YOUR NON PAYMENT!

Comments

to Karen #1616797

This what happened to me

I just renta center screaming at my front door..the sheriff is coming tomorrow..what is the law in georgia

You can't own a business and result in thuggish behavior, they will get what they give out, let them mess with the wrong people, like us, and many friends and people we know!!! I would like to know who runs this business, because If they tried this *** with me and my family my husband would call his crew from the projects and stand outside their house and lets see if they come outside, I dare them, lets see if they like it done to them.

If they came to our house, my husband would mess their *** up by himself! Don't awake the beast in my husband is all I can say!!!!

You can't own a business and result in thuggish behavior, I would like to know who runs this business, because If they tried this *** with me and my family my husband would call his crew from the projects and stand outside their house and lets see if they come out out, lets see if they like it done to them. I they came to our house, my husband would would mess their *** up by himself! Don't awake the beast in my husband is all I can say!!!!

Is it the same wuth all rental stores?

They are doing all of the things you listed and I have informed them my sister is in a epeletic coma they told me I'm lying and keep coming to her house and called all her references including me

This person might have wanted to work the job a little longer lmao. Nothing It is now a crime to not return rental property in the state of new york. Also small claims courts do not dismiss a case because you didn't show up lmao

Lol at whoever wrote this article , rent a center can call your job, they can call your references , we Can come to your house and demand payment. They will take u to court and they WILL enter your home with a sheriff and locksmith you retrieve merch that is theirs..

Some counties do not allow to enter home but most do.. So do not do what this person is saying

to Jessir #1567361

Ok. No, they cannot enter your home.

And with a deputy and a locksmith.

Learn the law in your state. It does not work that way.

to Anonymous #1587692

This guy's an idiot..wish they would try that with me..I would sue them n be rich

to Jessir #1576214

Wrong as a former rent to own company employee, no law enforcement will get involved because it is a civil matter not criminal. Now it varies state to state but most common pleas judges will dismiss unless the amount is very large.

Yes they can come to your and ask for payment but after a certain point it does become aggressive harrasment and the customer can then call the police. In no *** way will law enforcemt and a locksmith break into someones home over a rent own agreement.

to Jessir #1576657

Wrong! The sheriff himself has to have a court order to enter your home. They can not unlock your door

to Jessir #1592744

I totally disagree. No locksmith or sheriff will enter your home.

That is illegal. Hate to burst your bubble.

to Jessir #1605843

It is a civil matter you cannot enter a house and the police will tell you they wont get involved because it's a civil matter

to Jessir #1630438

Totally false as *** They can never enter your house like that, you’re either a *** or misinformed. I’m betting you’re both.

Does this apply to Iowa as well I know that the laws vary from State to state

I as well have had horrible problems with RAC... Will never suggest them to anyone...

They have HORRIBLE guest relations skills. They try and bully you into submission. My son was recently informed and I was out of work for a month, explained this to them, initially had no problems until within a week of informing them of situation and that I would go online AS soon as my personal leave pay was deposited at end of month. I returned to work a couple days at the end of month before the deposit went in and they showed up at my house and sat outside STALKING and HARASSING my 16 year old daughter.

My sister called police.. now they are threatening to have me charged with a felony if I don't return..Here we are with over half of it paid off and they are using police to harrass me now while I'm out of town working. Even the biggest credit card companies don't put you through *** when things go wrong... Ya know, the old saying " catch more flies with honey, not vinegar"...

But I have come to the conclusion that they are crooks who put you through this so they can make triple the money if able to, especially on high dollar items rather than look at the fact of the customer being almost done with contract and paid off. They are ruthless and crooked...

to Madi #1562239

"My son was recently injured" not informed lol

to Madi #1569393

should have paid your bill on time

to david212 #1572717

You must work there! Crook!