100K views

i worked for rent a center and i know first hand of their bullying scare tactics and over all shiester buisness practices. let me put your mind to ease if you are being harrassed for non payment of your items

1) if you fail to pay they can not come to your home and demand payment.

2)they can not enter your home and seize the items.

3)they can not wait outside your residance to confront you about payment.

4)they can not call your referances and enquire about you for non payment

5) you are not required to give them the items back.

6)they must stay away from you and your home and freinds. if they want the items back by law they are to leave you alone and file a small claims action for the items. this process can take up to 6 months or more. in the mean time the items depriciate in value. you do not have to attend the small claims hearing. what will happen is the judge will dissmiss their case against you and inform them that like a credit card this is a credit issue and they need to put it against your credit rateing. if they are doing any of the things i mentioned in 1-5 you can call the police and tell them they are harrasing you and/or scareing you your family and freinds. also, BIG NO NO RENT A CENTER CAN NOT CALL YOUR WORK FOR YOUR NON PAYMENT!

Comments

no its civil matter bob boy your an *** the police cannot enter the house you must wirk for rac

What if the stuff is at another persons place and the person who rented the stuff is out of town? Can they do anything legally againt the person who has the things since they didnt sign any agreement?

I had a contract with another rental company for over a year and the retail value of the product has already been paid. I do not have a contract with rent a center and i am not going to pay them anything. Since the value of the product is paid it is not stealing and they have no leg to stand on since my contract is not with them .

They cannot call you 3-4 times a day nor can they threaten to take your SSI checks. NO ONE BUT THE GOVERNMENT CAN GARNISH YOU SSI.

This is pure harassment. But pay your bills or return the stuff.

I am the ultimate rental scam artist I have rented from many companys in Illinois and Missouri and have always not paid and kept the stuff if they keep coming i just move. In IL I had the cops show up with rent a center but i just didnt answer the door and moved the next week after about 4-5 months they just gave up and its been almost 2 years im now doing the same thing to rent a center as we speak once again there fault for renting to me again but the only way you can go to jail is if you refuse to releace the property in front of the police

I highly doubt you ever worked for Rent A Center. Yes you can be arrested, it is a felony larceny to not pay in most states.

Go ahead don't show up for court and a bench warrant will be issued.

Are any of you really *** enough to believe you can steal and then have no form of punishment? Just pay Your bill or return it.

Do u you think his applies to all rental companies?

Oh yes they said they were going to go after my ssi checks for non payment the call 3-4 times a day they show up every day they. Said that this was turniping criminal is it the same for all states do the same rules apply to all states? I live in Arizona and the sheriff is Joe arpio mean *** can they come after me ???

Now I see why you workED (past tense here people) for rent a center. The stuff isn't yours until payment in full is made or you use an early purchase option. Don't just sign here, READ IT!!!!!!!!

they called all my contacts came to my house. gave me a felony warrant I GOT ARRESTED NOW i have lawyers,fees and im facing jail time ...you don't know a whole alot.

Rac is having a sheriff come out to my house for their stuff.but i dont want to give it to them. they wont settle with me for anything can they just take me to court?

How about this....PAY YOUR DEBTS DEAD BEATS!

So can they take you to jail are not??

MISTER1234

RENTACENTER WILL TRY TO SCARE U BUT THEY CANT DO ANYTHING TRUST ME I WORKED FOR THEM FOR 10+ YEARS

Im with rent a center in I was paying on some sofas and a flat screen tv for awhile but then I stop and they keep calling can I get in trouble for not paying them can I go to jail

I just wish RAC would come to my door knocking away. I would open it and warn them to leave. Well if they tried to come in I would beat the ever loving life out of them for trespassing.

i cant see how you can think if you go in there and sign a AGREEMENT and not make one payment they can hit you with a felony depending on value thats complete *** right there in its self, to steal something first you have too take something with out there knowledge second if you sign a contract it is a civil dispute a person walks in signs a contract and not makes a payment goes on your credit you didnt walk in there after hours and walk out with something like in the middle of the night deal you signed a contract which makes it that you are liable for payments not that you stole any thing if you stole something from them you would be arrest on the spot, this is all civil if you do not make your payment its the same thing as going getting credit card maxing it out and not making a payment same *** thing and theres alot of ppl here that seem too have worked at similar places, i am renting from them now and the guy called me three times and said a bunch of *** too me calling me a low life and a piece of trash and this and that and honestly if you are going too call me and talk *** like that well *** you im not answering my phone or my door no wonder you ppl dont get paid, and another thing the guy that was talking about they can call a locksmith and just come into your place yeah i dear the son of a *** too come into my place unannounced, you have the right too protect yourself a property if you cant understand what i mean by that think long and hard you will figure it out! or it could construed as b/e if they did that.

Rent a center is *** you even dare try too say something too them or when your going too make your payment they start there 6th grade name calling and everything else personally if i wanted to be a *** i could just throw a *** hammer through the 55inch tv *** on the laptop and throw there ps3 in a tub of water and take it back too them.

there idiots, i wanted them too come there stuff and told me they would be here last wednesday never even showed up at all for nothing not at all. then blow my phone up *** no thats *** i wasted a whole day for them too get here and they dont even show up TAKE ME TOO COURT!

My fiance' & I over the summer started renting some merchandise from Rent A Center, Well my fiance' was not in the right frame of mind at the time, however he sold their merchandise. Anyway my fiance' recently was arrested for old tickets, but since he has been in jail I have tried to pay something on it every month.

At first when I talked to them I explained that I was more than willing to pay the account off in full, but I am on disability and do not get that much money a month to live on and told them that i would be in to make my first $200.00 monthly payment on Feb. 1, 2012 which I did and I have my receip, and at first they were ok with that, however now seems to be a different story, they harrasse me on a daily basis and are extremely nasty also. I am so afraid of going to jail or even getting into any trouble, I guess because I have never been in trouble of any kind before. I am also trying to keep my fiance' from getting into any more trouble.

This has really affected my health in a negetive way. I contacted a lawyers office and was told that it is a civil matter not a criminal matter. My question is 1. What can I expect to happen to my fiance' and myself over this?

& 2.

Is this truly just a civil matter or should I be as afraid as I am ? If you can help me please e-mail me at darkseaprincess@aol.com Thank you :sigh

I THOUGHT THAT IF U DID NOT PAY THEM OR GIVE THEM THEIR STUFF THAT IT WENT TO YOUR CREDIT(NOT A GOOD THING) BUT I HAVE SOME OF THEIR PROPERTY AND I MOVED AND I FOUND OUT THEY TRYING TO TAKE ME TO COURT!!! WHAT SHOULD I DO??? WILL I GO TO JAIL!!!???

Brytt ur best bet is to call their market manager direct and inform her/him of ur situation. If u keep it u will have a outstanding balance against you for it.

What store do you rent from? Call their customer care line if you really have too