99.6K views

i worked for rent a center and i know first hand of their bullying scare tactics and over all shiester buisness practices. let me put your mind to ease if you are being harrassed for non payment of your items

1) if you fail to pay they can not come to your home and demand payment.

2)they can not enter your home and seize the items.

3)they can not wait outside your residance to confront you about payment.

4)they can not call your referances and enquire about you for non payment

5) you are not required to give them the items back.

6)they must stay away from you and your home and freinds. if they want the items back by law they are to leave you alone and file a small claims action for the items. this process can take up to 6 months or more. in the mean time the items depriciate in value. you do not have to attend the small claims hearing. what will happen is the judge will dissmiss their case against you and inform them that like a credit card this is a credit issue and they need to put it against your credit rateing. if they are doing any of the things i mentioned in 1-5 you can call the police and tell them they are harrasing you and/or scareing you your family and freinds. also, BIG NO NO RENT A CENTER CAN NOT CALL YOUR WORK FOR YOUR NON PAYMENT!

Comments

what will happen if u dont pay RAC

Where to they find these people? One employee refers to customers as scumbags,another one calls them maggots? :sigh

Here is a perfect example of Rent-A-Centers perception of people.This guy refers to customers as maggots.Ask yourself do want to do buisness with this guy?And nine times out of ten,customers dont pay for the merchandise because of a personal reason,not that they dont have the money but because of the attitudes and harrasment from rent-a-center employees. :sigh

to Rent-a-Center Kokomo, Indiana, United States #955661

But you had no problem taking the items out of the store when you wanted it though did ya?? No excuse why you shouldnt paid for whatever item because of 'personal reasons' thats why the people that are legit and pay for their items have to pay out a lot of money because people decide they want something for free, or get sIck of paying for it.

Yeah, hard times suck, and most everyone has them, but its still no excuse not to give the items back, or just pay for it like you agreed too when you walked out of the store with it. Simple

Call the police if rent-a-center knocks on your door.Police will put a trespass order on them and charge them with trespassing if they come back.SEEN IT WITH MY OWN EYES,EX EMPLOYEE. The thing is rent-a-center puts so much pressure on employees,thats why they act like that its not them its the establishment,and then when these harrased customers call customer service they will discipline and ridicule their own employees publicaly on the company web site.Its crazy,never seen anything like it in my life and im 36.Rent-a-center is not going to last much longer,they will reap what they sow eventually :grin

Bow down before rent-a-center maggots ooooh I tell you what brother hulkamania is all over this one renting stuff and being too cheap to pay for it just ain't American brother and if you jaggoffs keep it up hilkamanias gonna find uyou babay

DON'T LET ANY ONE FOOL YOU ABOUT STEALING FROM RENT A CENTER AND GET AWAY WITH IT!!!!

I tried to be a smartass and ended up in jail. Not a pleasant expreience.

THERE IS A NEW STATUE IN FLORIDA LEGISLATION. Statue 815.112, Section 3 which states:

"Failure to re deliver hired or leased personal property beyond the rental or agreed period, constitues a felony of a third deegree if the value of the merchandise is of $300 or more. As provided in s. 775.082, 775.083, or 775.084.

:? I have a tv from rac that was due about 3 weeks ago I am not answering their calls and have recently moved because i plan to pay next week when I get paid..How long does it take for RAC to file a charge against me I really dont want that to happen ?..help please?

I have stood right there and watched the police tell rac.....we are not a strong armed service....this is a civil case.!

I have worked for Aarons Sales and Lease and was a manager trainee there....harrassing is what you are trained to do...my GM and RM told me that there is really nothing that they can do but report these customers if they fail to pay...yeah you can file on them...but they would rather work something out or just report it to their credit to prevent having a bad reputation. I dont know exactly how RAC works though...

I have been harassed by Rent a Center and I even got it on recording. The manager tried to insult me because I work at Subway by telling me to make him a sub and then hung up in my face.

Like that would motivate me. It's been nothing but a nightmare with them.

U ppl are *** bags rac will get there merch. One way or another this guy does not know what he is talkn bout ppl like this will never amount to anything if u ppl have any sense u will return the merch garnishments do not take 6months n we will get in ur house u don't have to be home we just need are legal! Locksmith suggest u ppl call ur rac stores

I owe like 200 on a laptop. If i set up a payment arrangement, can rent a center put a lock on my laptop? Because it will not come on now

Really it can go both ways depending on the situation. Now if you go into a place, rent a item and walk away without paying 1 payment or calling or anything, then yes you can be arrested.

The term for that is "stealing". And depending on the amount it can be a felony charge. But if you have made payments, talked to them let them know your situation, and show them that you are willing to pay them, then you will be fine, you just have to deal with the home visits and the calls until something is done. Yes that is legal to a degree, there is a line between debt collection and harassing.

If you have proven to them that you are willing to pay them back but they still take you to court, then it would be small claims and it will either be thrown out or the amount will be placed against your credit.

All depends on the judge. But just to save all the stress and bs that you and other people have to go through, just pay your bills, and if you can't then return the items or call them and explaiin your situation, (keep in touch).

I currently have a tv from rent a center. My mother passed away and I missed payments I try to explain it to them they did not want to hear anything about it.

I had to pay for my mother's funeral I'm not trying to blow them off trying to let them give me more time. They are a harassing me. Funerals take 3 days 2 viewings 01 burial.

They're getting the extremely pissed. What should I do??

They're getting the extremely pissed. What should I do??

I am involved with a local rent a center due to my wife's medical bills for cancer. I had a computer and a tornado destroyed my roof ruining everything in the house including the computer.

They said I am responsible for paying for it. I am a retired police officer in memphis TN.

I have been contacted and made calls regarding these complaints. It is a civil case.

to Robert Wade Middletown, New York, United States #601345

can they issue a warrant for my arrest?

as for coming in your home and taking it, YES WE CAN! it is called an "order of replevin" GOT IT good.

do your research!! lol and please people coming from a DAD with 4 kids and living an everyday life like the rest of you, PLEASE do not listen to this guy. please note comment on 10-31-10 written by the ORIGINAL complainer, He cant even spell original. LOL maybe RAC was easy on this guy, gave him a break.

maybe he almost had it paid off. anyway, good luck