Divide, Colorado
18.9K views

I'm here to tell you the truth about Rent A Center. Take my advice as golden because I am a 9 year former RAC employee!

If you want some free goodies all you have to do is rent a few things then never pay for them ever again. How is this possible you ask? The law hates RAC & they wont do anything to help them collect on their merchandise. RAC will threaten you with legal action & police!

Its all an act! All you need to do is is ignore the phone calls & if they do call the police then just tell them the merchandise was stolen!

Yes this seems simple & it is very simple & the honest truth. Pass this info on to everybody you know because RAC deserves to pay for all the years of stealing from the less fortunate & the credit challenged!

Comments

Anonymous 19 If a theft gets serviced a warrant from rent a center for the item and still lie and broke his sublease agreements it’s a fraud right

*** rent a center move to another place change your phone number look it up there is nothing they can do to you just cuz some cop calling *** *** on here keep saying that you can get in trouble doesn't mean you can they can take the money out your pay check but they can't take your money if you get disability SSI not even child support can do that they rape people for a living innocent people who don't make much to start with and charge 3 times as much as they should be charging for something that is from like 2011 jus saying most of the *** they carry they got for dirt cheap and it's old as *** *** RENT A CENTER!

I rented a tv from rent a center and it’s broken I owe 700.00 on it I don’t have the money to pay for it and they won’t come pick it up because it’s broken if I don’t pay them what will happen?

Not true at all. I’ve been a store manager in three different states. I have taken people to court and garnished wages in all three.

to Anonymous #1576702

If u have to pay money to rent a center. Does the court give u time to pay?? Thanks

My son rented 2000.00 of equipment from Renta Center . How ever the merchandise was stolen and because he doesn’t know who took it , he continued making payments .

Then he recently got behind in payments. Renta Center then refused an 100.00 pymt . And they came to collect at my job .

I don’t make enough to afford a lawyer as I’m now raising my son and forced to live with my mom. I’m afraid , they’ll arrest me now and I’ll loose my son .

to Penny #1553100

Your son is legally responsible for paying for the merchandise, as outlined in the legally binding contract he signed. If the merch has really been stolen he can file a police report and take said report to the store manager.

to Sam #1611042

Is it a lawfully binding contract? ;)

If rent a center delivered goods and i didnt sign contract do I still have to pay it

White people stole America soooooo ppl gone steal from Re t A Center

to Pink spoiled princess 7 #1603801

That is the stupidest comment ever

Do rent a center give a free month after you been paying over 4 months

*** RAC with that OLD *** REUSED PRODUCTS. And selling over priced,as if it's NEW.# RTG. IF you can't afford it now,just have FAITH, SAVE and YOU'LL GET IT..AGAIN *** THE RENT TO OWN.ALL OF THEM......

Question...My ex who does not live with me rented a ton of furniture and electronics. He has left the rented merchandise in my home.

Do I have to allow rent a center to come into my home n retrieve it, or should they take the legal matter up with the ex? The merchandise is not in my name n on the invoices his address is not mine, I feel this is harassment because rent a center is contacting me n not the customer I have been storing this stuff so should I charge storage fees..lol but seriously if the merchandise is gifted am I responsible to give it back?

to Heather #1529146

Noz

to Heather #1553090

Depends on the state. I have been a store manager in CA, AZ, and NC and in all three you are still in possession of stolen merchandise and can be held responsible in court.

to Anonymous #1593872

Not in Az its civil

to Anonymous #1603803

It's not stolen! It's like a car.

You can't steal something if they gave it to you! It's a civil matter, stop trying to scare people!

I have a question if I have been renting a sofa and love seat but no longer want item or simply want to exchange is that possible even if sofa and love seat are not in good condition?Please feel free to email me with a responseMjimenez0014@yahoo.com

to Marina jimenez #1491593

I don't work for RAC but I've been with them for 8 years. You are allowed to exchanged your furniture for new ones or used ones. I used to have a dinning table from them and I exchanged it 3 times and there was no problem until one day I returned them to buy it cash but yes you can do it.