Divide, Colorado
14K views

I'm here to tell you the truth about Rent A Center.Take my advice as golden because I am a 9 year former RAC employee!

If you want some free goodies all you have to do is rent a few things then never pay for them ever again. How is this possible you ask? The law hates RAC & they wont do anything to help them collect on their merchandise. RAC will threaten you with legal action & police!

Its all an act! All you need to do is is ignore the phone calls & if they do call the police then just tell them the merchandise was stolen!

Yes this seems simple & it is very simple & the honest truth.Pass this info on to everybody you know because RAC deserves to pay for all the years of stealing from the less fortunate & the credit challenged!

Comments

Sorry but if u do do this the police will in turn ask u y u didn’t turn in a police report when it was stolen then u will b arrested for lying to a police officer

If it’s free it’s for me

RAC is not a good company at all.Been a Store manager and a ASsistany for them for Over 6 years.

What the guy said on how easy it is to steal he is correct. But stealing is stealing if that is how we are going to teach the younger generation I guess we will all be doomed. As far as the whole company on a whole trying to make a penny off of people who are disabled and single mothers which consist of over 80% of all our customers I find hard to swallow while I continue to work for them.

But just like people who repo cars for a living.It's a job.

to Anonymous #1368856

Simply not true in most states...Fraud & theft are criminal crimes, our state even has a Conversion of Leased goods law--all of which involve jail or prison time served as possibilities.If you decide to do something *** like "steal" a product that you have the option to return if you can't afford payments (unlike a financed transaction) you may get away with it but more than likely will have an enforceable judgement placed against you for the value of the contract.

Judgements can be collected by wage garnishments, leins against your personal property including your car, bank account and home.Seems like a lot of chance to take when you could just do what you agreed to when you signed the rental paperwork.

I bought my furniture from Conn and took out a loan to help my credit.I've paid on this for over 6 months and just found out they sold my loan to Rent a center and I've been harassed by them for a month now.

But get this.

I even sent my payment and they refused to take it!!What the *** is with this company??

Lorain, Ohio, United States #1339203

They told me if I don't givey stuff back they will press charges an have a court order an come with the baleif to cone get their stuff I'm getting g new furniture an won't give it back till I get it can they do that

I'm a month behind in payment and they want my tv back. Do I have to give it back or can I call the big boss

to Anonymous #1382860

Well, if you are behind payments and its through Rent-A-Center, it most certainly is not YOUR Television. It is still theirs until you have the certificate stating you paid it off. So, yeah, probably just best to return it and move on with your life.

Coshocton, Ohio, United States #1281612

When your life is so pathetic that you rent your living room furniture at triple what it costs and quadruple of what is worth and STILL can't make the payment...Put the pipe down and seriously consider using your big fat income tax refund that you did nothing to earn and buy yourself some decently make furniture.

When a 50 " TV @ $20 a week sounds like a good deal...It's time for some major life changes.

to Anonymous #1313361

Rent a center is actually very helpful for those who can not afford things in one *** and I remember a time I couldn't and even tho we payed much more for the item it still helped with my king size bed that I couldn't just drop a 1300 dollar check on. So you sound very self centered and sound like u had a silver spoon in your mouth because even when income tax comes around they may need that for other things that they are behind on or a new car. So to call someone pathetic for using rent a center u sound just as pathetic just saying