Divide, Colorado
16.9K views

I'm here to tell you the truth about Rent A Center. Take my advice as golden because I am a 9 year former RAC employee!

If you want some free goodies all you have to do is rent a few things then never pay for them ever again. How is this possible you ask? The law hates RAC & they wont do anything to help them collect on their merchandise. RAC will threaten you with legal action & police!

Its all an act! All you need to do is is ignore the phone calls & if they do call the police then just tell them the merchandise was stolen!

Yes this seems simple & it is very simple & the honest truth. Pass this info on to everybody you know because RAC deserves to pay for all the years of stealing from the less fortunate & the credit challenged!

Comments

White people stole America soooooo ppl gone steal from Re t A Center

Do rent a center give a free month after you been paying over 4 months

*** RAC with that OLD *** REUSED PRODUCTS. And selling over priced,as if it's NEW.# RTG. IF you can't afford it now,just have FAITH, SAVE and YOU'LL GET IT..AGAIN *** THE RENT TO OWN.ALL OF THEM......

Question...My ex who does not live with me rented a ton of furniture and electronics. He has left the rented merchandise in my home.

Do I have to allow rent a center to come into my home n retrieve it, or should they take the legal matter up with the ex? The merchandise is not in my name n on the invoices his address is not mine, I feel this is harassment because rent a center is contacting me n not the customer I have been storing this stuff so should I charge storage fees..lol but seriously if the merchandise is gifted am I responsible to give it back?

I have a question if I have been renting a sofa and love seat but no longer want item or simply want to exchange is that possible even if sofa and love seat are not in good condition?Please feel free to email me with a responseMjimenez0014@yahoo.com

to Marina jimenez #1491593

I don't work for RAC but I've been with them for 8 years. You are allowed to exchanged your furniture for new ones or used ones. I used to have a dinning table from them and I exchanged it 3 times and there was no problem until one day I returned them to buy it cash but yes you can do it.

Lol wow you just told them how to create more debt sir. RAC will by all mean files theft charges if possible in any state and if that fails your wages will be garnished it depends on the store manager and credit manager if they want you they will have you SMH your *** for setting people up for failure

to King #1491598

Lol. The RAC that I have an account with used to have this guy who was actually the one who was responsibly for filling the police report etc.

and he told me to do that. He actually said the same thing as this guy that they won't do anything major to you.

I don't like to have problems with the law or anything like that but if I was a crazy person maybe I would've done it. ( Not even if I was crazy).

I personally know someone who told me he rented a 60 inch smart TV.. out the door for 9 bucks not even two weeks later made a police report about the TV being stolen and now he can still walk right into another RAC and do the same thing

to Rob kentucky #1443271

Lol try your luck I hope it’s in my store

to Rob kentucky #1448857

True

Sorry but if u do do this the police will in turn ask u y u didn’t turn in a police report when it was stolen then u will b arrested for lying to a police officer

to Anonymous #1437175

wel mine WAS stolen,, I went into the store and talked to them about it and they still keep calling and coming to the house. *** THEM

to Tony #1443274

Your still responsible for the item just ask for a rate reduction they will help if you were a decent payer

If it’s free it’s for me

RAC is not a good company at all. Been a Store manager and a ASsistany for them for Over 6 years.

What the guy said on how easy it is to steal he is correct. But stealing is stealing if that is how we are going to teach the younger generation I guess we will all be doomed. As far as the whole company on a whole trying to make a penny off of people who are disabled and single mothers which consist of over 80% of all our customers I find hard to swallow while I continue to work for them.

But just like people who repo cars for a living. It's a job.

to Anonymous #1368856

Simply not true in most states...Fraud & theft are criminal crimes, our state even has a Conversion of Leased goods law--all of which involve jail or prison time served as possibilities. If you decide to do something *** like "steal" a product that you have the option to return if you can't afford payments (unlike a financed transaction) you may get away with it but more than likely will have an enforceable judgement placed against you for the value of the contract.

Judgements can be collected by wage garnishments, leins against your personal property including your car, bank account and home. Seems like a lot of chance to take when you could just do what you agreed to when you signed the rental paperwork.

I bought my furniture from Conn and took out a loan to help my credit. I've paid on this for over 6 months and just found out they sold my loan to Rent a center and I've been harassed by them for a month now.

But get this.

I even sent my payment and they refused to take it!! What the *** is with this company??

Lorain, Ohio, United States #1339203

They told me if I don't givey stuff back they will press charges an have a court order an come with the baleif to cone get their stuff I'm getting g new furniture an won't give it back till I get it can they do that

I'm a month behind in payment and they want my tv back. Do I have to give it back or can I call the big boss