54K views

i once worked for RAC, its the DMs and RDs telling the store employees to act the way they do towards the customers who have past due accolunts. its true they take the shitiest merchandise and try to make 4 times what they paid for.

they claim they wanna help people but they have quotas they have to hit daily and they will do anythin to hit those numbers. as far as pressing charges they cant and wont unless u have had the item for less than 2mnths. my advice as a former RAC manager is get an item, the best and most expensive one, make ur paymnts on time for 2 months and never pay them again.

they will charge ur account off and sell it to a debt company and they will leave u alone and move on to other customers. *** u RAC and MARK SPIESE!!!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Rent A Center Manager.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Jan 30, 2010.

Comments

I needed household furniture without up front cash, so 6 months same as cash is the best part of the whole thing. It gets overlooked, because I'm sure RAC would rather have you pay thousands in interest over the life of the lease.

I will pay the exact payments due and then pay myself an amount planned every month to have a cash purchase in 3 or 4 months.

If anyone goes this route, do not overpay your lease payment thinking you are paying towards the purchase, it will not get applied to the purchase price, but instead it will go on the interest side of the deal, and when you get set to make the final payment, you'll get surprised to find out that you are nowhere near paying it off. Just pay the extra money to yourself instead.

Will they put a warrant out for arrest if payments aren't made?

to Malissa #1606265

Malissa, are you a moron or what? Who cares if they'll put a warrant out for your thievery?

What you need to worry about is your credit. Probably the reason you're at RAC in the first place. Next thing you know, you'll be on other pages of this site whining that someone loaned you money at a high interest rate, someone won't sell you a car unless you get a co-signer or go to a glorified buy here pay here or have to pony up large deposits for utilities or put them in your kid's name.

How about simply passing on internet enabled devices and whatever other junk you don't need and get your notes straight while you can. 20 turns into 50 real fast my sweet little child.

to Anonymous #1607556

That was SO beyond rude and unnecessary. She just asked a question no reason to be such an *** to innocent people!!

What about people who need things to better them selved?? Not everyone can afford things brand new. I needed a laptop for school asap before I started because I work two jobs and cant make it to the library on time to use a computer there. What am I supposed to do?

Flunk because some opinionated *** wants to tell me I should pass on internet enabled things. No. I'm going to do what I can to get one to better my life for my family. You're a bitter bitter 50 year old.

You're what's wrong this world treating people like this. You ungrateful. Rude.

*** Take a look in the mirror before you go making judgements about people.. ***

to Britt5683 #1609143

GTFOH.... This person is a thief planning on getting over on a business.

They're weighing the risk versus reward of not paying(AKA stealing @#$#). People who want to better themselves should do so at their own expense rather than go into some survival of the fittest rant as you just did. What you're supposed to do is pay your own way or wait until you can. Let's say I want to better myself and get a laptop but can't afford it right now, is it fair for me to come steal your @#$# because I need it?

You're what's wrong with this country. Entitled to the point where you believe it's OK to steal and cause these people to spread the expense onto other renters.

Now you see why places like this call the minute a note is due and won't "work with you." It's because of thieves and entitled people like you. Pay your own way or wait until you can afford something like the rest of us.

to Anonymous #1613603

Very well said.

What does skip stolen mean

Why don't ANY of you understand if you use RAC, PAWN your items, or use Cash Advance Businesses you are just THROWING your hard earned MONEY AWAY!? How do you NOT get that?

to anonymous #1596536

Because we don't have the money upfront that we need and need an item or quick money to get people off our back. Usually it's trying to get out of *** that you dug yourself in and you're trying to get important stuff paid off in a short amount of time.

to Lyfesucks #1613606

It is because you don't know how to manage money. You waste money on things you DON'T need.

For example: Alcohol. Cigs. Gambling. Big screen TV.

New stuff that you could have purchased used and saved a ton. Going out to eat often. YOU CANNOT AFFORD TO DO THESE.

You probably pawn and get cash advances too then you sit back and whine and cry that life sucks and you don't have any money up front. SERIOUSLY????

#1420381

if i pay by the month will they refund me for returning it early

I had mines for a month I made only one payment and stopped making them and they called constable so what can comstable do to me

Well we made payments ontime. They want to pick all our stuff up cause we damaged one item.

We didnt not pay on it and they said they picking it all up Monday. If i pay for it ill keep it and sue the *** outta them monday if they try.

Everyone stop renting start buying even if you have to save to do it.most place's have a layaway plan pay on it and it's yours no bills,no late fees,and no interest.

to Tina #1406063

The thing is most of those companies usually give you 120-180 days "usually 90 in some cases" but be cautious and if you do utilize the same as cash plan make sure the item is new and obviously do 1 thing at a time. I've done it and prefer to not use my credit cards even though I could just put it all on credit and pay over time if I wanted but...

I have a thing of actually owning my items.

If you can't save $2,500-3000 in 4-6 months you have a problem that's deeper than you can't afford it and if that is the case sorry you shouldn't be getting stuff you can't afford period.

to Erick #1562365

Your obviously single with no kids...

to Britt #1564993

Nope. Two kids.

Just smart and mature with money.

If I can't afford it, I don't get it. I am not at ten year old who can't wait.

to Britt #1567054

What does having kids or not have to do with being responsible and smart with money? Now your blaming your financial mess on innocent kids?

WOW. Loser.

I got a TV that was pre-owned for 600.00 I have already paid 688.00 and they still trying say I owe over 500.00 really mess up.

to Laverne Cook #1406066

You didn't read the agreement, the rent-to-own price added on is in most cases several hundred dollars and TVs for example can easily add $1000 or 2 if you're not careful. You should never accept pre-owned stuff period, make them order it if they have to, also buy 1 thing at a time!!

A living room set "sofa, loveseat, recliner, some tables" shouldn't be more than a few grand so utilize the same as cash option! If your budget allows you to save $500/mo than well put it directly on the item and in your case would have been paid off in 6 weeks "if you got paid bi-weekly".

You're likely on a 12-24 payment option that probably costs $50-100/mo right? then yea can easily see you having $500 left because guess what?

Like a credit card ALL interest is paid before any will ever be applied to the principal balance and the payment is built in to the set term you agreed to.

I did put a Oled TV on credit "$2,299" sadly bought it before the holiday pricing or even knew LG did it on yearly basis as mainly only bought Samsung TVs for the longest time... At any rate yes I will likely pay interest but that $2,299 will be paid off in less than a few months so honestly not worried about it.