I called my local rent a center store located at 6423 State Ave, Kansas City, KS 66102 to try and rent a tv. I was told by the manager that he will not let me rent from them again due to the following reason it took me 30+ days to return my washer and dryer set.

It did not take me thirty plus days to return the washer and dryer set. I got the set on July 31st 2017 I believe because I had recently moved into a new apartment at the end of July of last year 2017. The washer didn't work but the dryer did I called and told them that they told me to see if maintenance in my apartment could fix it. I was told that they couldn't do it cause it wasn't their merchandise and if something was to go wrong they didn't want to get blamed for it.

The same week I got the washer and dryer was the same week I was going into labor and my phone was stolen which one of the workers knew that because they called my phone and they said a men answered it saying this isn't her phone and she not around. So she called the references I gave on the application to get ahold of me. I was in labor at the time so I couldn't make a payment nor could I give the washer and dryer back at the time they asked be due to that reason. I applied to another rent a center that's like 4.4 miles away from my home they told me that they could not deliver my tv because I was to far and that is not my store location.

To call the one that's closer to me I did and the manager said because of that incident he will not rent to me I explained to him that the washer never did work that I told the lady that I talked to in the phone that. He said since that happened I could maybe rent another washer and dryer set from them but not a tv. Being very rude he as well told me it was still my job even if I was in labor to pay for the washer and dryer I missed the first payment that was due the week of or after I gave birth. I told them I would not got back to work until the twenth of August to give me time to heal a little bit I gave them the washer and dryer back but not no thirty plus days later.

He told me to call other stores that is not no where close to me that would not deliver to my area because of that. He don't want to let me rent no electronics for that reason. How can I pay anything if I'm in the hospital giving birth and out of work at the time on maternity leave from work. He wasn't very understanding at all.

I could understand if I did not give them the washer and dryer back at all but I did it may have been late but I gave it back.

I had no phone to contact them because once again my phone was stolen and he was calling my references phone I was in the hospital when I was released I told them they could come pick it up and they called my phone that someone had bought me and I had the same number they called when it was stolen. To make sure I was at my home I told them yes I'm not going anywhere I was not trying to keep the washer and dryer as I stated before I was in the hospital giving birth.

Review about: Rent A Center Manager.

Comments

I honestly doubt anyone working for Rent A Center has any kind of grammar. Lmfao.

Trash central. Onw of those THIS IS A JOB TGAT REQUIRES NO EDUCATION...guess I'll take it.

Historically "Smart People" with something to say, are correct.

"I did graduate from the fifth grade just because of I messed up"Another grammatical train wreck of a post. Ladies and Gentlemen I am sure you will agree that a 5th grade education is setting the bar a little high for this one.Save your Money, Pay the bills, and make better choices. Take ANY money you could have saved by using real vendor vs renting / insane interest rates and set up a education fund for the children...

Some how she is PAST her expected due date yet could not make a contractual payment EARLY? The makes no sense.

However, let say for the sake of argument the new washing machine did not in fact "work". If she simply would have dealt with a reputable company she may have had more legal recourse. Purchase big ticket appliances from Best Buys, Home Depot, Lowes or Sears. One would pay a fraction of the price after interest and most companies offer free delivery and home setup.

If you simply cannot afford a new washer then check Craigs List for god sakes. You would actually own something instead of paying an outrageous amount on a lease or rental agreement.Let's look at a Whirl Pool washer and dyer combo. Rent-a-center cash price? $2,339.99 IF you pay it off in 6 months.

Much more if you do not pay it off in 6 months!Home Depot Cash Prince? $1,798.99 that includes Delivery and setup.So you COULD save yourself $541.99But you chose not to, and it's financial decisions like this that will all but guarantee you will never have an extra $541.99 in your pocket.

You must stop becoming your own self fulfilling prophecy. Especially as you have chosen to bring a child into this world!

What a LIAR you are. And...by your writing and spelling, did you even graduate 5th grade? Why, why, why would you want to waste your time and money going there?

to anonymous #1472829

Lying for what was you there no you wasn't. Fyi I did graduate from the fifth grade just because of I messed up on one word and didn't put my punctuation means I didn't graduate from fifth grade.

People are so judgemental lmao I guess you graduated huh. Well listen her lil girl boy whoever you are I can rent where ever I feel like renting from why you in my business anyways *** face. I hope you didn't say I was lying about how much I dropped within the day I got my new apartment cause if so the honey I really don't have to lie bout anything everyone knows a deposit is not cheap and rent is not if you pay for two months lil one. I know how much my rent is and i knew and know how much my deposit was so please don't come saying someone is lying about something.

I know where I was working and how many hours I worked how much my checks was you dont your checks must not be that much that's why you saying someone a liar. I was only mad at the fact that the rude *** manager out his foot in his mouth not knowing *** when I told them that my *** washer didn't work in the beginning and they knew it he wanted to be all rude and *** You and the others that's being negative can *** and eat a fat one and quit commenting on this post it was posted how long ago and dumb *** like you commenting on here with negative stuff to say when I wasn't being negative.

to Anonymous #1488148

Ten year olds shouldn't have babies.

First of all since people want to put their *** two cents in I was originally due on the 29th of July but I was not dilated the doctor told me that they will give me a call do I can come in and get induced because I was past my due date so everyone can stfu saying I could've did this or did that if I went to put the down payment on the washer and dryer the day I got my apartment 28th of July and the day before I was suppose to have went into labor 29th of July and they brought me my washer and dryer on the 31st of July and calling me two or three days later for a payment which it hasn't been a whole week since I had it. I as well called them the same day prior to them dropping it off saying the washer don't work they didn't try to nor did they come service it.

The next day is when my doctor told me I can come into the hospital so they can induce me so all of y'all that's saying smart *** comments or giving suggestions about paying early or what not y'all can stfu and move tf around. I was pissed that I put a down payment on something that didn't work and they called for a payment within the same week of delivering it to me. Have I ever had problems with making payments on time no.

And fyi I dropped at least almost two thousand the day I put my down payment on the washer and dryer set I had to put my deposit first and second month on my apartment that I was moving in on that day anything else since some people talking out the side of their neck I had just enough to put a down payment on for a washer and dryer set. Rent a center would've gotten some money if my washer would've worked but it didn't since everyone keep missing the fact that the washer didn't work I couldn't use it would y'all pay for something that didn't work and y'all can't use and they tell you to tell your maintenance man to fix it knowing its not the maintenance man merchandise if something would've gotten messed up I would have paid for it.

She could have simply made her payment early. I'm sure she had an expected labor window from her OBGYN.

Using RAC is always a bad idea. If you wished to purchase a TV then just save to do so.

Take the payments you were "going" to make to RAC and place them in savings. Purchasing something from savings is always cheaper then paying an outrages interest rate.

How come all these bad things happen to worthless bottom of the barrel people like you (who use RAC, pawn, or Cash advance business)? I despise RAC, and people who use them are absolutely stupid.

But, RAC does tell you if you miss the first payment, they will come get THEIR product. Why then, would you miss the first payment?? You sign a CONTRACT. You PROMISE to make timely payments, especially the first.

Why would you not follow your promise? If you can't even make the first payment, what kind of precedent is that setting? Just STFU.

Stop going to places like these. They are predators.

to anonymous #1450824

She could not make the first payment because she was giving birth. Let’s see you push out a baby and call in a payment at the same time.

Let me know how that goes for you.

Also if you feel the need to insult someone then make sure you are in a place to do that. The judgemental sword is not ours to swing.

to Anonymous #1472821

Thank you why people always have something smart to say

to Anonymous #1477843

Are you serious? Have you not read all the other posts?

Nobody here is believing her. I will try to type slower this time so ever you can understand. I hope. NOBODY needs to go to RAC.

It is a total waste of time and money. Especially money. She knew she was going to have a baby very soon, and could have made arrangements with a friend/family for payment(s) or made one in advance. The hospitals do have phones btw.

She just did not want to pay, or was too lazy. I lost my phone, I had my baby come late/early, blah, blah, blah. Excuses. More likely, lies.

Why do scummy people like her that go to RAC always have "problems"?

Thank about it. Grow up and be responsible.