3.4
Style and Design

From the beginning: I wanted to return a sectional couch that I was leasing from Rent A Center.The store made two appts over a two week period to come retrieve the furniture but scheduling didn't allow for pick up.

When they finally came, they stated they could not make it up my icy driveway. This went on for another two weeks. They called to tell me they were going to charge me back rent for the couch. I called the district manager, and she stated that would not be the case and told the store to pick up the item.

An appt. was scheduled for the following day, but no pick up. Again, another appt was scheduled for the next day but the store was a no-call, no-show. I had gone out of my way to make arrangements to be home and have everything ready for their arrival, but it was all for nothing.

I called the store twice and, still, they blew me off. Finally they decided to show up the next day, which was a Saturday and it was late--around four-ish, and I had been running errands all day. They came, took the furniture, and left. That evening, I noticed my cat was missing.

I thought she had gotten out of my home, but when she did not return, I came to the conclusion she had been in the couch (she had often hid in there) when the store picked it up. I had to wait till Monday to contact them, due to the fact that they are closed on Sunday...still, I called first thing on Monday. I was given the run around by one of the workers on duty. He kept telling me he would return my calls after he spoke with the drivers.

I asked if the truck had been emptied, and he stated that he was unaware whether it was or not. I waited for hours and he never returned my calls. I called twice, and each time, he stated his drivers did not see a cat. At this point, I decided to go to the store.

I approached one of the drivers, and asked him about my cat, and he stated no one had asked him about a lost cat. The worker, who originally answered the phone, had actually been one of the men who picked up my furniture, but I didn't know that until he came out of the store. I asked why he lied to me, but his response was vague. I then asked if I could search the back room but was told the store didn't have time.

Later that night, I found out that the truck had not even been emptied until Monday. I, again, called the district manager. I received apologies but that was all. I continued to search for my cat and was quite beside myself.

Several days later, the store called to tell me my cat was in the back room. Now, by this time, my cat had been locked in a truck for three days and locked in a store room for another three. She is, obviously, starving and traumatized. I went to the store and had seen signs that she was there.

She had made a home of the couch I had owned, as opposed to the dozen or so in the store room, because that was a familiar scent. There was cat *** on the ground and a broken cracker near the couch. I imagined she was diligently trying to find food. I was unable to get her to come to me so I brought in a have-a-heart trap hoping the food would lure her in.

It's been another day, and still she has not been found. I am worried what methods will be used at this point, and I am hoping she doesn't get killed or lost forever.

The store is becoming frustrated because she is setting off the sensors and the alarms are being activated.I wish they had let me in there on Monday.

Review about: Rent A Center Customer Care.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments

Hi there.I work with Rent-A-Center and am so sorry to hear about your experience.

We'd love to discuss this with you further, so please give us a call at 1-800-422-8186 whenever you have time.Thank you for reaching out.

mzlisapizza
to Anonymous Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa #1298233

This didn't work. I was directed to the same people who are not keeping me updated. Now I will get the law involved!