In January I rented a computer and X-box360 from rent a center.On Febuary 23 the items were stolen from my house while I was at work.

I filled a police report and told rac what had happen. The manger explain that I would still be responible for the balance but he also said they would work with me since they understand I know longer have the computer or the X-box. I have made every payment on time until now and I have paid over the cash value of the item. They would call me everyday on my due date many of times just to remind me that my payment was due.

I was one day late and they came to my work and was telling everyone that I was late on my payments. They called my boss many of times they are just crazy.

I will never go to rac again.I'm telling everyone I know how rude they are.

Had an Experience with Rent A Center?

Comments

didnt go to job unless you moved and had disco numbers and failed to make the payments on time to which was a breech of the agreement that you signed you must be an adult for them to rent to you r e a d t h e r e n t a l a g r e e m e n t and all that follows you idot. i never had poor customer service or was treated wrong i have great credit (besides rac credit) they fix issues and i dont do without , they dont call unless they telemarket me which is ok i simply had them note the acct. just pay the bill you pay your other bills dont you or it get cut off or repoed or evicted not their fault that you have poor managment of your finances ( now the slobbering all over keyboard) priceless $$$ im lost for words hahaha

Well, i have read a lot of the complaints and have to say that some of it is shakey, but some of it could certainly be true.

I am unfortunate enough to be a rent a center customer myself and they rented me a 5 year old computer passing it off as a one year.

I pay faithfully because i'm trying to own it, i go to school online and really need it right now.

But i can honestly say that they are liars, i even wonder that because they did lie to me about the age of my computer, if they wouldn't give me a couple of months to my credit.

I find it hard to believe they came to your job after a day and started harrassing you.Even if they did, you were late!

I have spent 15 years in the banking business and very rarely does anyone have a valid excuse.

You know when you're due, if you not going to be around, pay it early!No excuses!!

How do you know this person is lying?I just paid RAC off early because I am sick and tired of them calling me first thing every Saturday morning on my day off when the payment was due on Saturday.

Many times I just avoided their calls all day on Saturday(3 times they would call) just because they pissed me off with their rude business behavior.I am an adult and I do not need someone calling me before my payment is past due.I told the store manager when I paid my balance of two weeks ago that I would never do any business with them again. Not only do you pay too much but they act like you are the only customer that is doing business with them and that the $40.00 a week that I was paying was their only income. I even asked them not to call me first thing in the morning because I was working two jobs and Saturday morning was my day to sleep in. Do you think they cared?

NO! I only rented this furniture because I moved 1400 miles and didn't want to sit on the floor until I moved my furniture from acrosse the Nation. I went on vacation for two weeks..... My cell phone would not work in my vacation area.

They called me 20 times and left messages. Since I wasn't able to respond they called all my references, my job and my boyfriend and my Mother to find out where I was and I was only 3 days late! So before you people accuse others of lying and being irresponsible maybe you should take in consideration that these people are trained to be crooks. The more...

My advise to anyone would be sit on the floor, read a book or do whatever you have to do but do not Rent a thing from RAC.

One would be better off saving their money in a jar weekly as if you are making a payment and pay cash at your local furniture store or electronics store.:roll

come on, 1 day and they came to ur work, company policy say not until after 7 days past due unless you have a disco number or have moved. quit avoiding them.

I have rented from RAC may times.I just have bad credit so I have to.

I have never had a problem with them. If I was going to be late of any sorts, I would call them and they worked with me. So I have to believe that you are just ***. Next time get the insurance.

It's only a couple of dollars extra.***!!!!

Slatina, Olt, Romania #72162

Of course you paid more than what you could have bought it elsewhere for, probably about 2 times more, but when people have bad credit which is why they rent from a company that offers these types of sales.

I doubt very seriously that they came to your place of employment for being 1 day late, maybe 90 days late, but not for being 1 day late.

SATISFIED CUSTOMER, YOU MUST WORK OR WORKED FOR RAC, IF YOU ARE CUSTOMER YOU ARE THE SMARTEST CUSTOMER I HAVE EVER HEARD.YOU ARE 100 % RIGHT .

THIS PERSON IS A TOTAL LIAR.

WHY WOULD THEY GO TO YOUR JOB OR CALL YOUR JOB WHEN YOU ARE 1 DAY LATE.YOU ARE NOT THEIR ONLY CUSTOMER FESS UP LIAR.......

#72073

when you opened the agreement you were given the option to purchase the waiver. that would have waived you of the responsiblilty to continue making payments for something that was verified stolen. i can tell that you chose not to cover yourself.

you stated that you paid more than the cash value...hmmm...looks like you past your 90 days same as cash opportunity.

you stated that they came to your job. that let's us all know that you were more than 1 day past due.

it looks to me that if you did not keep

up with your obligations