1.5
Style and Design

Where to start.

Day One - Saturday 10/3/2015 walked into RAC with an email coupon from paying off a washer and dryer that I purchased. Here's the fine print on the coupon - No exclusions, no limitations. Even on our latest and greatest items. No where on the email nor the coupon that is generated does it state you have to pay anything down nor pay taxes or insurance for the item. Coupon was for two weeks rent on any new lease agreement.

I was looking for a 1080P Television that had a center post stand. The customer rep showed me some T.V.'s that had in the back, and I found one with a center post stand. Filled out the forms, and got held up on employment verification. Filled out that form and was advised she would give me a call monday, and they would deliver Tuesday. Never received a call on monday, waited until tuesday and called the store. The manager answered the call, and I inquired on what the status of my lease was. Stated they still needed employment verification, asked why they hadn't used the form that I filled out with my company's verification hotline info. She couldn't find the form, asked if I could provide stubs. Advised her that I couldn't because they were sent electronicly, and told her I could show here the digital receipts. Asked to come into store and show the stubs. Stopped in store, showed my stubs and she made an appointment for delivery on 10/7/2015. Manager setup contract with 10/3/2015, however contract was not signed until 10/6/2015. She shorted me three days on my free rent there, and invalidated the contract by altering the contract dates. TV finally arrived on 10/7/2015. Once unwrapped, I noticed the TV was not what I picked out. It' had stands on the outside edges of the TV. Advised the delivery guy that it was wrong. Also noticed that I was provided a discontinued TV, that was marked up more than 300% just for the 90 days pay off price. He said he would talk to his manager. I pretty much told him that with my experience so far, I doubt I would ever use RAC again. They left and I sat the TV up in my office, unable to use it because it was the wrong TV. While waiting for the manager, I happened to look down and see something moving around the TV. Hmmm Roach comes crawling out the bottom of the TV, then another. Quickly put it in a Giant Trash bag, and sat it on the back porch to get it out of my house. Manager called, and we discussed the various issues I had with their *** service. She said she would fix it, and could have a different TV to me by 10/12/2017. 10/12/2015 rolls around and the delivery folks bring me out a TV that matched what I was looking for. Set it up and got to use it a whole 8 days before they were knocking at the door wanting to pick it up... To top it off the manager wanted to charge me the taxes for the two weeks rent which was suppose to be on them with no limitations or exclusions.

I do have copies of both rental agreements to verify the transaction, however my personal information is on those.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. viperlock is quite happy with not so pleasant anymore and stated that there is a room for improvement of customer service by managers and having to be a storage for rac and bad service. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss poor customer service of rent a center tv rental. Rent A Center needs to offer any options to resolve the issue according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned rent a center tv rental in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Rent A Center.

Had an Experience with Rent A Center?

Comments

viperlock

I attempted to contact the number provided, and your email contact.The number you have provided clearly states you have no account access, and no access to billing so what exactly are you going to accomplish.

The contact number clearly states to contact the store for these matters, which of course is who I am having the problem with. Do not post a comment unless you are willing and able to assist, and not just trying make it look like you are trying to retain customer.

I made it clear that you can call me, I have provided you with my contact information.I'm not going to sit on the phone waiting for someone to pick up an hour later (was just on hold for 30 minutes with no answer).

Hello, I work for RAC.We'd really like to speak with you further about your experience and see what we can do to turn your feelings around.

We strive to provide quality service and products in a timely and efficient manner.

Would you mind giving us a call at 1-800-422-8186, when you get the chance?Thank you!