Where to start.
Day One - Saturday 10/3/2015 walked into RAC with an email coupon from paying off a washer and dryer that I purchased. Here's the fine print on the coupon - No exclusions, no limitations. Even on our latest and greatest items. No where on the email nor the coupon that is generated does it state you have to pay anything down nor pay taxes or insurance for the item. Coupon was for two weeks rent on any new lease agreement.
I was looking for a 1080P Television that had a center post stand. The customer rep showed me some T.V.'s that had in the back, and I found one with a center post stand. Filled out the forms, and got held up on employment verification. Filled out that form and was advised she would give me a call monday, and they would deliver Tuesday. Never received a call on monday, waited until tuesday and called the store. The manager answered the call, and I inquired on what the status of my lease was. Stated they still needed employment verification, asked why they hadn't used the form that I filled out with my company's verification hotline info. She couldn't find the form, asked if I could provide stubs. Advised her that I couldn't because they were sent electronicly, and told her I could show here the digital receipts. Asked to come into store and show the stubs. Stopped in store, showed my stubs and she made an appointment for delivery on 10/7/2015. Manager setup contract with 10/3/2015, however contract was not signed until 10/6/2015. She shorted me three days on my free rent there, and invalidated the contract by altering the contract dates. TV finally arrived on 10/7/2015. Once unwrapped, I noticed the TV was not what I picked out. It' had stands on the outside edges of the TV. Advised the delivery guy that it was wrong. Also noticed that I was provided a discontinued TV, that was marked up more than 300% just for the 90 days pay off price. He said he would talk to his manager. I pretty much told him that with my experience so far, I doubt I would ever use RAC again. They left and I sat the TV up in my office, unable to use it because it was the wrong TV. While waiting for the manager, I happened to look down and see something moving around the TV. Hmmm Roach comes crawling out the bottom of the TV, then another. Quickly put it in a Giant Trash bag, and sat it on the back porch to get it out of my house. Manager called, and we discussed the various issues I had with their *** service. She said she would fix it, and could have a different TV to me by 10/12/2017. 10/12/2015 rolls around and the delivery folks bring me out a TV that matched what I was looking for. Set it up and got to use it a whole 8 days before they were knocking at the door wanting to pick it up... To top it off the manager wanted to charge me the taxes for the two weeks rent which was suppose to be on them with no limitations or exclusions.
I do have copies of both rental agreements to verify the transaction, however my personal information is on those.
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Value for money|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Advertised vs Delivered|
|Style and Design|
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
- Not so pleasant anymore
What I disliked
- Customer service by managers and having to be a storage for rac
- Bad service
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Product or service
- Review category
- Appliances and Electronics
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I visited Big lot a week before Christmas, saw a nostalgic stereo system for $85.00. Left it and came back, asked if there were anymore, i was told only the..."
- "okay i said i was gonna post what i purchased at rent a center & as you look at what kind of products they are selling, i dont know how..."
- "Stove Range Model #FGFL79DBE Purchased from Lowe's December 2005. Used the broiler for the very first time on May 9, 2010 and the stove caught on fire - insulation..."
- "They are horrible. I just got a coat. was supposed to be Medium, but is size XXXS or "zero." Won't fit anyone over the age of 10. I am out..."
- "Currently I'm building out a new office so I'm buying a lot of furniture, pillows, decor etc. And so far I've had not one but two bad experiences with Wayfair...."
- "I oredered two Tshirts and a matching phone case beginning of 12/3/16. They shipped me the wrong item with the wrong artwork. The artwork was a bunny not a ***..."
- "I'd like to bring to your attention a service and product quality breakdown (both of these). Last week I took my mother-in-law to your store because I happened to be..."
- "I must say I have seen some complicated scams before but this one ranks right up there. Do not do any work with this so called media group called Zillion..."
- "What a rip! Ordered beautiful arrangement from what I thought was a “family owned business”. The arrangement was delivered on time. The service train crashes at this..."