In October of 2011 we rented ("to own") a washer/dryer combo from Rent-A-Center.We chose a rent to own company over leasing through the apartment complex because we wanted a nicer, high efficiency set, even though it would be much more expensive.
When they delivered the set,a few days after signing the contract, we ran into our first problem. Our utility room is off the kitchen, which has a linoleum or vinyl flooring, and where we wanted it setup. While bringing in the washer, the bottom part of the set, they set it in the kitchen to prep the wires, tubes, and vent. When the finished moving it into the utility room, I happened by to check out the progress and noticed two big chunks of floor torn up right in front of the combo, clear down to the cement.
We let this go, figuring we could fix it in time, and it was out of sight (out of mind.) In June of this year, last month,we missed a payment. Even though we stayed in contact to let them know when we could make a payment, when we tried to make a payment on the 16th day, we were told they could no longer accept a payment (which I find ridiculous, but made sense a few days later), and we had to schedule a pick-up date (even though when we told them prior, it was "that's fine, thanks for letting us know!) I was unhappy about this, but we set it up. When the day came, only one guy showed up and I had to help him load it on the truck, because "they were short staffed for memorial day weekend, and the HAD to get it that day, couldn't wait another day longer." At this point I was getting really annoyed, but they called two days later to schedule a delivery. The guy that called told me my payments would pick up where they left off, the warranty restarted as did the 90days same as cash.
I went ahead and agreed to redeliver the combo. My fiance was home at the time, as I had work, and when I got home there were two MORE much larger chunks of flooring torn up, this time in plain view, dead center in my kitchen. I didn't let this one slide and called to complain, and was told it would go to insurance, they would come get pictures, and was also informed my payments toward ownership restarted with the new delivery (which makes perfect sense that they would pick-up, and redeliver; to throw a yr of payments away and start a whole new contract). They came and got pictures, and I waited for the ins.
Company to call. I wasn't going to pay until I got answers for my floor. RAC and the Ins. Company called the same day.
Insurance gave me a claim and another phone number said they'd get back to me in a wk or two. RAC stated they put a new policy in effect that even one day late warrants not allowing payment and another pick up must be scheduled.
I know renting to own is expensive, and there's a lot wrong with the with the interest and what-not, but the payment system is, mostly, convenient for me.All this other *** is unwarranted, unfair, and down right wrong (not to mention destructive.) Needless to say, I'm PISSED.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Washer And Dryer
- Review category
- Appliances and Electronics
You May Also Like
- "I would like to ensure that all fellow Costco Members and consumers are aware of the lack of customer service and assistance when dealing with products that are damaged/defective straight..."
- "I purchased a 50-inch TV during the first shopping event at Walmart Thanksgiving Day for the one hour guarantee. Upon arriving home (2-hours away from the store), I entered..."
- "DO NOT BUY A VIZIO TV, unless you want to throw away your hard earned cash! I purchased a Vizio TV, Model # E55i-A0, in November, 2013. 9 months later,..."
- " kelley wife liz kelley are involved in strawbuying in houston. They are under investigation for mortgage fraud Indictments Handed Down in Houston Straw Buyer Scheme/Rod Kelley+Liz Kelley+davidyoungteam.com rod..."
- "William Savage signed a neuter contract on an english bulldog puppy, I sold him back in July 2012. The contract stated that he was to get the dog neutered by..."
- "This dog food is just cheap junk delivered to your home. Once you get it it smell like died animals. My dog would roll in the stuff like it was..."
- "I bought a Victoria Secret blanket from a girl named ac96 and She tried to make a lie up and won't refund my money, I want every fine back on..."
- "About seven months ago I had Hardwood Specialists come out to the house to look at my Hardwood floors. They were in very bad shape. Ken Zand the salesman came..."
- "I purchased a Levian snake ring. It has white and chocolate diamonds. I have sent it back to Levian 5x for repair due to diamonds randomly falling out of the..."