In October of 2011 we rented ("to own") a washer/dryer combo from Rent-A-Center.We chose a rent to own company over leasing through the apartment complex because we wanted a nicer, high efficiency set, even though it would be much more expensive.

When they delivered the set,a few days after signing the contract, we ran into our first problem. Our utility room is off the kitchen, which has a linoleum or vinyl flooring, and where we wanted it setup. While bringing in the washer, the bottom part of the set, they set it in the kitchen to prep the wires, tubes, and vent. When the finished moving it into the utility room, I happened by to check out the progress and noticed two big chunks of floor torn up right in front of the combo, clear down to the cement.

We let this go, figuring we could fix it in time, and it was out of sight (out of mind.) In June of this year, last month,we missed a payment. Even though we stayed in contact to let them know when we could make a payment, when we tried to make a payment on the 16th day, we were told they could no longer accept a payment (which I find ridiculous, but made sense a few days later), and we had to schedule a pick-up date (even though when we told them prior, it was "that's fine, thanks for letting us know!) I was unhappy about this, but we set it up. When the day came, only one guy showed up and I had to help him load it on the truck, because "they were short staffed for memorial day weekend, and the HAD to get it that day, couldn't wait another day longer." At this point I was getting really annoyed, but they called two days later to schedule a delivery. The guy that called told me my payments would pick up where they left off, the warranty restarted as did the 90days same as cash.

I went ahead and agreed to redeliver the combo. My fiance was home at the time, as I had work, and when I got home there were two MORE much larger chunks of flooring torn up, this time in plain view, dead center in my kitchen. I didn't let this one slide and called to complain, and was told it would go to insurance, they would come get pictures, and was also informed my payments toward ownership restarted with the new delivery (which makes perfect sense that they would pick-up, and redeliver; to throw a yr of payments away and start a whole new contract). They came and got pictures, and I waited for the ins.

Company to call. I wasn't going to pay until I got answers for my floor. RAC and the Ins. Company called the same day.

Insurance gave me a claim and another phone number said they'd get back to me in a wk or two. RAC stated they put a new policy in effect that even one day late warrants not allowing payment and another pick up must be scheduled.

I know renting to own is expensive, and there's a lot wrong with the with the interest and what-not, but the payment system is, mostly, convenient for me.All this other *** is unwarranted, unfair, and down right wrong (not to mention destructive.) Needless to say, I'm PISSED.

Had an Experience with Rent A Center?

Comments

Braintree, Massachusetts, United States #878512

A girl named Vicki Leclerc Of water street Quincy tried to sell me a TV I just wanna know if its paid for yet

Kyle, we've tried twice with the same run around, the second time we got transferred to an extension that was non existant and upon call back reached a different person who took our information and was promised a call back within 30 minutes.That's seems to be the popular stall tactic with everyone I've talked to, reason being to "research further into the matter".

I'm to the point of giving up, but I really don't want to have to pay for it myself when I move, tomorrow I'm going to my apt's front office to seek assistance, hopefully they might be able to help me push the matter a little more serious, although they may want to take no part in it.

All I need is to give them the estimate they requested.It's ridiculous, I'm only doing what I was told to do.

Fake?How...what?

Did nothing? Lol, no, we had them take pictures and add it to the claim (supposedly). And no, we are still trying to get this insurance company's number. Evidently no one in the entire corporation has any idea who their insurance goes through, or how to get ahold of them.

"It's an outside company".

Well, obviously.RAC isn't known for their insurance policies.

I keep looking at NO's comment. That's hilarious. Did anything happen with this Shill?

:cry

So you want us to believe that the installers cut holes into your linoleum floor....for no reason.... then when you had the same work done again - you didn't do anything to prevent that exact same thing from happening again?

FAKE

to no Mansfield, Ohio, United States #579747

Oh, STFU, 'no.' We all know you work for RAC, so call it a day and go home.

Shill you have every right to be mad.I work for them and I will tell you the outside claims company is difficult to work with and it will unfortunately take some diligence on your part to get it resolved.

I had this happen to one of our customers and I made 15 calls to get the matter resolved.

Our customer received new linoleum in the utility room.If you decide to get the units back ask them to replace the feet on the washer, that's your culprit for the damage.

freebaby1

Hello dear,

my name is sonia. i am interested in your profile and found pleasure to write you as my friend so that we can communicate to each other.plz contact me at (sonia_khalifaa@yahoo.com) so i will send my picture for you to know about me.