In October of 2011 we rented ("to own") a washer/dryer combo from Rent-A-Center.We chose a rent to own company over leasing through the apartment complex because we wanted a nicer, high efficiency set, even though it would be much more expensive.
When they delivered the set,a few days after signing the contract, we ran into our first problem. Our utility room is off the kitchen, which has a linoleum or vinyl flooring, and where we wanted it setup. While bringing in the washer, the bottom part of the set, they set it in the kitchen to prep the wires, tubes, and vent. When the finished moving it into the utility room, I happened by to check out the progress and noticed two big chunks of floor torn up right in front of the combo, clear down to the cement.
We let this go, figuring we could fix it in time, and it was out of sight (out of mind.) In June of this year, last month,we missed a payment. Even though we stayed in contact to let them know when we could make a payment, when we tried to make a payment on the 16th day, we were told they could no longer accept a payment (which I find ridiculous, but made sense a few days later), and we had to schedule a pick-up date (even though when we told them prior, it was "that's fine, thanks for letting us know!) I was unhappy about this, but we set it up. When the day came, only one guy showed up and I had to help him load it on the truck, because "they were short staffed for memorial day weekend, and the HAD to get it that day, couldn't wait another day longer." At this point I was getting really annoyed, but they called two days later to schedule a delivery. The guy that called told me my payments would pick up where they left off, the warranty restarted as did the 90days same as cash.
I went ahead and agreed to redeliver the combo. My fiance was home at the time, as I had work, and when I got home there were two MORE much larger chunks of flooring torn up, this time in plain view, dead center in my kitchen. I didn't let this one slide and called to complain, and was told it would go to insurance, they would come get pictures, and was also informed my payments toward ownership restarted with the new delivery (which makes perfect sense that they would pick-up, and redeliver; to throw a yr of payments away and start a whole new contract). They came and got pictures, and I waited for the ins.
Company to call. I wasn't going to pay until I got answers for my floor. RAC and the Ins. Company called the same day.
Insurance gave me a claim and another phone number said they'd get back to me in a wk or two. RAC stated they put a new policy in effect that even one day late warrants not allowing payment and another pick up must be scheduled.
I know renting to own is expensive, and there's a lot wrong with the with the interest and what-not, but the payment system is, mostly, convenient for me.All this other *** is unwarranted, unfair, and down right wrong (not to mention destructive.) Needless to say, I'm PISSED.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Washer And Dryer
- Review category
- Appliances and Electronics
You May Also Like
- "the worst company who took my money for A Grade iPhone 5S and send me all C & D Grade products......I am going to protest against that , hope they..."
- "Copy of E-mail I sent GE:I spent thousands of $$$ on putting all monogram appliances into my re-modeled home, purchased from Spencerâ€™s in Phoenix AZ.The Refrigerator (ZISS480DRISS) brokeâ€¦of course following..."
- "Have just spent 7mths renovating our house purchased a Miele clean steel dishwasher, this week my cabinet maker installed all our appliances that had been stored together hot plate, oven,..."
- "Vernetta and Geary Cockrum of Show-Me Puppies sold us several dogs that are vet. documented as being severely sick. 1. Female diagnosed with distemper, seizures 2. Female diagnosed with pyometra, knee problems 3...."
- "we bought a sofa from Conn's a year a go we complain about it not being comfy, they replaced cushions steel didn't help. now customers service hangs up and..."
- "I was at the Naughty Twatty last wedensday and bought some toys that my husband and me wanted to try out. They sold me some fuzzy lepard cuffs that..."
- "I have spent alot of money at the buckle and against my wife's wishes, I bought expensive jeans that cost about $100 a piece. Within a year one of the..."
- "First the positive (which is why it's got a star at all): The company (when it shows up) is EXTREMELY fast, efficient and hard working. They know their stuff and..."
- "I am dis-satisfied with my service at this the Tyler Texas Regis salon. My reasons are; Mind you. It was my birthday gift (to myself)-When I called the salon to..."