23.8K views

I have a tv from RAC which im behind like 3 weeks in a payment they keep calling and I just recently moved I do plan on paying them but itll take me a few days to get paid.. they leave mssges every day about my "delinquent" account..

can they take me to court and how long after my payment?..

I dont think theyd take me to court for 3 weeks would they?..If they would how long after would they have the right to take me to court?.. Should i just give it back and have them deliver it again in a couple of days to get them off my back..?..

Product or Service Mentioned: Rent A Center Account.

Comments

Yes it has been a nightmare I haven't paid them this is 2 months now I started paying them 2016 for a sofa set already gave him over $2,500

Ok I just got a call from Scott carruthers office threatening that they will serve me with criminal charges for not returning a refrigerator that I paid for months and then I got divorced and my ex-husband took it. Is this true? The e law office didn't even want to spell the lawyers name and hung up on me.

to Mimi #1459889

Look up your consumer affair laws in your state for example here in California that is a violation of thr fair debt collection act no debt collector is allowed to threaten you with criminal charges its a contract that money is owed on so its a civil matter. Not only can you make a complaint with consumer affairs and the FTC in Ca you are entiltled up to $1500 for every time they violate the collection act. I am going to school to be a Civil Litigation Attorney and have sued a car finance company and was awarded over 20 grand

#1392009

okay im only a few days late and RAC is calling me ten times a day I think that's ridiculous because I'm only a few day late and if by the 1st week I see it doesn't fit into my budget I will call them to come take the stuff back. BUT *** you all are on here delinquent for more than a week and complaining?

wtf? send the furniture back.

you cant afford it anymore and you are not entitled to keep if you cant pay anymore. that's the way Rent to Own works.

to joey #1618402

Sassy

Been doing busy with rent a center since the opened... We had to very bad experiences with them...

Apparently they dont like working with thier customers even if its todays late...

We've. Only bought all our furniture from them...

to berter bear #1606685

I’m gonna give you guys a cheat code. I used to work for Rent A Center as an Account Rep and I PROMISE everything I’m gonna say here is factual.

15 days late they send you what we called a thief letter. They CANNOT have the Sheriff come to your door. After 30 days they file on you in court. Now, here’s where it gets funny.

If you owe less than 300, corporate won’t sign off on filing on you in small claims court, just wait out the 90 days and block their number. If you file bankruptcy, they cannot legally call you, run your house, mail you or file any legal charges. After 90 days of being delinquent, the SIMS system simply erases you from the computer and you “charge off”.

If a rep tells you they’re not accepting a payment and tries to make you pay a week or 2 ahead, just pay online and they can’t do anything. If they’re calling your job, simply tell them not to and they legally can’t and if you can prove that they did anyway, you can counter sue them for harassment and public humiliation.

to Anonymous #1607043

Lol exactly your a customer account rep, which means you don't know what your talking about honey. Go ahead and keep getting these people up for failure.

The reason you habitual deadbeats are renting furniture is because you serial deadbeats destroyed your credit by not paying your bills to other creditors. Now you're here throwing your temper tantrums because the big, bad RAC bill collectors are calling!

Isn't that a big surprise!!! If you don't like bill collectors calling you...pay your bills!!! How blatantly obvious is that?

However, 20 years from now you sorry habitual deadbeats will still be sorry habitual deadbeats blaming everyone and everything else but YOURSELF! Yes sir...the best society has to offer!!!

to Anonymous #1386154

How do you sleep at night with an attitude like that ..I'm sure your mom would be proud..your obviously an angry person ..GOD is the only judge !! Find him and seek peace ..I will be praying for you !!

to Anonymous #1393962

Oh we are so sorry that you "Mr. PERFECT" HAS never done anything wrong... he who is without sin cast the first stone

to Anonymous #1562375

What a *** bag! I wonder what bad things you’ve done that your not telling...your probably more past due on your RAC account than anyone on here...

No it will just go to collections that have insurance on everything so they get paid no matter what I would keep it

to Anonymous #1468894

Are you sure they are calling me for a laptop that I owe I'm 4 weeks behind and they want to bring the sheriffs to my job that's what they tell me when they call

to Jke #1487596

How did your situation go I’m currently in the same boat

Jennimm1012
Raleigh, North Carolina, United States #1177947

They had me arrested for late payment . They called me ten times a day came to my house and job.

Secreting lien property was my charge and the arresting officer thought it was crazy so I didn't get a bond and when my court date approached I continued it for over a year then paid the value of the tv and charges were dropped. It actually saved me a lot of money bc I didn't pay interest or all the crazy fees rent a center charges.

to Jennimm1012 Traverse City, Michigan, United States #1207245

The Secreting Lien charge only comes in to play if you have a judgement and attempt to hide the item to prevent law enforcement from enforcing said judgement. Also, the officers themselves do not determine the bond.

my husband and i got a living room set from rent a center in pennsylvania. we are ovet a month behind in payments.

they are constantly harrassing us. when i went in and picked out furniture i did not sign contrct because i didnt have down payment for 2 days called made payment. said they would bring contract on delivery they never did so no contract was signed.

only paperwork ever filled out was the application you have to fill out. can they bring legal action against us?

to Anonymous #1469584

You never signed a contract, that's yours. See cases like these in our offices all of the time.- Paralegal for Criminal, Probate, and Real Estate Attorneys.

to Anonymous #1523590

What if you sign a contract for a certain item but then on the day of delivery they drop your item and break it while loading it.... And instead of calling you and asking if you'd like to pick out a different one they just load up a loaner and tell you they will bring the paperwork for you to sign for the loaner and then they never have you sign anything for the loaner and your original item that was suppose to be fixed was never spoken of again?