Rent A Center - TAMMY GILCREAST RENT-A-CENTER, INC. 490 VALLEY STREET, MANCHESTER, NH 03103 STORE MANAGER ISSUES

160 of 1306 Rent A Center reviews

I recently took my mother into this store to look at a new TV for her new home.She is elderly and needed some assistance in getting in..

The first thing we heard when we walked through the door was an obese woman screaming and swearing at an employee of the store. We both thought this was an irate customer but later learned this was actually the store manager we later identified as Tammy Gilcreast. I couldn't believe how unprofessional this woman was and how she was acting with multiple customers in the store. My mother was incredibly offended by her conduct and wanted to leave right away but it took the time to get her into the store so I persuaded her to at least take a quick look at what they had for TV sets.

I eventually asked for help after waiting for over 20 minutes, from this irate , unprofessional manager. She told me she was busy and there was only one other person available to help and he was busy loading a truck out back. This was the point I asked who she was and she told me she was the store manager. I expressed my dissatisfaction, regarding her conduct in front of my mother and asked why she couldn't help if she was the only one available and her reply was if I didn't like "her" service, I could take my business elsewhere.

This is in fact what we did and as we were leaving the store she belted out an extremity at my mother and I that I will not post here. I can not believe this is the "model" of what Rent A Center considers management but I can assure this situation has most likely happened many times before but most don't take the time to complain about it.

I will make sure I never recommend this business to anyone thinking of renting to own.We were very satisfied with a rent to own establishment down the street called Aaron's Rentals.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

• What I liked
      No items
  • What I disliked
    • Poor customer service and horrific conduct and swearing

Reason of review:
Poor customer service
Preferred solution:
KEEP THIS RECORD OF THIS MANAGERS ACTIONS IF IT HAS ALREADY BEEN DONE SO IF THERE IS ANOTHER SITUATION AND COMPLAINT YOU CAN ADDRESS IT APPROPRIATEY
Product or service
Tv
Review category
Appliances and Electronics
review #753585 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Rent A Center? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
160 of 1306 Rent A Center reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Rent A Center. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Rent A Center.
Filing a new complaint about
×