Rent A Center - TAMMY GILCREAST RENT-A-CENTER, INC. 490 VALLEY STREET, MANCHESTER, NH 03103 STORE MANAGER ISSUES
I recently took my mother into this store to look at a new TV for her new home.She is elderly and needed some assistance in getting in..
The first thing we heard when we walked through the door was an obese woman screaming and swearing at an employee of the store. We both thought this was an irate customer but later learned this was actually the store manager we later identified as Tammy Gilcreast. I couldn't believe how unprofessional this woman was and how she was acting with multiple customers in the store. My mother was incredibly offended by her conduct and wanted to leave right away but it took the time to get her into the store so I persuaded her to at least take a quick look at what they had for TV sets.
I eventually asked for help after waiting for over 20 minutes, from this irate , unprofessional manager. She told me she was busy and there was only one other person available to help and he was busy loading a truck out back. This was the point I asked who she was and she told me she was the store manager. I expressed my dissatisfaction, regarding her conduct in front of my mother and asked why she couldn't help if she was the only one available and her reply was if I didn't like "her" service, I could take my business elsewhere.
This is in fact what we did and as we were leaving the store she belted out an extremity at my mother and I that I will not post here. I can not believe this is the "model" of what Rent A Center considers management but I can assure this situation has most likely happened many times before but most don't take the time to complain about it.
I will make sure I never recommend this business to anyone thinking of renting to own.We were very satisfied with a rent to own establishment down the street called Aaron's Rentals.
More Review Details
What I liked
What I disliked
- Poor customer service and horrific conduct and swearing
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Preferred solution:
- KEEP THIS RECORD OF THIS MANAGERS ACTIONS IF IT HAS ALREADY BEEN DONE SO IF THERE IS ANOTHER SITUATION AND COMPLAINT YOU CAN ADDRESS IT APPROPRIATEY
- Product or service
- Review category
- Appliances and Electronics
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I ordered a brand new 2016 Vizio TV. It came delivered to me in an undamaged box but the unit is damaged. I sent the pictures as requested..."
- "I'VE NEVER DROPED THIS DOME! I'VE CARED FOR IT SINCE PURCHASE. THE SPLITS IN THE DOME ARE FROM COOKING ONLY. I purchased my oven when you only received one for the..."
- "I am renting a 50 inch tv and a bed from rent a center i do not have all the parts for the bed frame i am missing screws and..."
- "4500 curry ford rd Orlando fl This is the twistee treat located on Curry Ford Road in Orlando Florida. I noticed I was in the low class ghetto Hispanic section..."
- "I purchased a Samsung refrigerator on 11/28 as a Cyber Monday deal. The refrigerator showed as available and ready to ship. I applied for their credit card so I can..."
- "I purchased a reload it pack in the beginning of December 2016. I attempted to set up an account on their website. (This is my first ever experience with this..."
- "On Nov 1st 2015 I ordered a dress online from JC Penney. I received a email on Nov 2nd, saying that my item was shipped with a invoice date of..."
- "Ordered goods and tracked my package through the UPS website. The package was transported by ground very quickly (OH to NH in a day), but then just stopped. My package..."
- "I came across his resume online:http://www.indeed.com/r/bc990602143907d2Every word of it is nothing but lies. I have checked out his references and was told that every time he was at work he..."