I reside in Memphis,TN.I have been a loyal customer with Rent A Center for years.I had a Stroke on 12/29/2009 while at work and was hospitalized till 01/3/2010. On 01/04 2010, I had another stroke at home and was hospitalized for a week and a half.I'm not working anymore just got approved for Unemployment and Rent A Center was constantly calling and harassing me....I've payed approx.$500 and not once did management inform me about the insurance benefit's...My daughter had to mention it.NO....NOT ACCEPTABLE.............

Had an Experience with Rent A Center?

Comments

Written by cynthia campanale, on 11-05-2010 10:52

We need to unite to file a class action suit. I have spoken with an attorney, please contact his office : RAC has done a great deal from unfair debt collection practices, harassment, deceptive prices . His name and office numbers are below: PLEASE CALL TO SEE IF YOU HAVE A CASE AND CAN BE ADDED .

Tom Holman

1250 Broadway, Suite 3701

New York, New York 10001

212-300-0345(Voice); 212-564-5468 (Fax)

www.holmanlawoffice.com

Folks I can already tell you that Rentacenter has already settled a bad collection practice suit for $343,000. in the state of Washington in which they had to sign a consent decree regarding reviews of the collection practice's they are allowed to impose on customers.

Well i will tell u that in Washington Rentacenter has signed a consent decree to pay them $343,000. settled for a lawsuit regarding bad collection practices.