14.9K views

Update by user Jun 03, 2013

I can not believe this is STILL being read and posted on after all this time!

For starters for the people that think its *** , IT'S NOT because I put up the *** bail money myself.And think about it people !!!!!

There was a WARRANT issued but nobody went looking for my son in law. The only reason he got snagged was because he got pulled over for speeding. When they ran his drivers license is when the warrant popped up !! MY GOD PEOPLE use your brains!!

Laws differ state by state!GEEZ!

Original review posted by user Oct 11, 2009

Son-in-law to be rented furniture from here 2 years ago. He had to go out in the field for training because he is a soldier fighting for our freedom. Rent a center had a warrant put out on him for non payment. When he got back he had them come a get the furniture. He NEVER knew about the warrant.

He got stopped for speeding today and they took him to jail because this warrant is still outstanding. He will be deploying for Iraq in a few weeks and if this does not get cleared up his career could be over.

PLEASE,PLEASE,PLEASE DONT RENT FROM THEM!!!!!!!!

Had an Experience with Rent A Center?

Comments

Pensacola, Florida, United States #1277841

Yes they can arrest you if you dont pay and do not return hired leased property which is a felony..My bond was 2500.00.

Rent a center got there 189.00 laptop back! I was charged $1021.00 in restitution & 918.00 in court costs & fines.

If you got a warrant keep that property because if you do give them the property they still arrest and you and make u pay.*** rent a centers shut em down.

Charlotte, North Carolina, United States #1222350

I just received a phone call from someone saying that there was a criminal something put out on me from Rent a Center

York, Nebraska, United States #659344

this is funny I am sitting here reading all this *** about how RAC has put people in jail well im here too tell ya they can't rented a tv from them last year in the summer and my work slowed down so I couldnt make the payments on the tv anymore and was informed they would work with me and send what I can when I can so I did send them a few payment's of half of what I owed then I get a call from there manager saying that I was a week late after I had made a payment too them, so they where coming too get my stuff in the process of them coming too get my stuff I talked too a atty that said I ought to just keep it because I have paid already twice of what it was valued at.They came over I was in the shower and heard them pounding on my door my curtians was shut windows was opened and I could hear them saying that if I didnt open my door they were going too have the police out there at my apartment arresting me, while he was trying too peak in my windows the cops where in fact called by a neighbor...Cops showed up and asked the mgr what was going on and he said that he was trying too recoup there items they had rented from me, cop told them that they had 5 complaints from neighbors that he was peaking in the windows and looked as if he was trying too burgularize my apartment.

Cop also told him and me both that I DID NOT HAVE TOO LET THEM IN TO MY HOUSE TOO GET ANYTHING IF I DID NOT WANT THEM IN THERE AND THAT THERE CONTRACT IN THE STATE OF NEBRASKA IS CIVIL WHICH MEANS...

Good luck Ive been paying on my stuff since January and they are gonna have to file small claims suit with me!

to miah Indian Trail, North Carolina, United States #1251890

It depends on what state and county you are in.Here in Charlotte, NC you can have some one arrested, but in Gaston county they wont.

They can file in civil court and request merch, if the customer doesnt pay or return then they file writ of possession and if it still isnt resolved the customer will be charged with contempt of court. After that then the sheriffs office will go out and recover the merch. If it is not available they will take other stuff and auction it off to pay the debt. In Union county you can file criminal, but they wont look for the customer, you have to wait until the customer gets stopped and then they will pick them up for the warrant.

I know there are other states that wont do anything.You never know who is going to turn out to be a thief, but that is why the prices are so high.

to miah Pensacola, Florida, United States #1277848

Every state is different FLORIDA will indeed press felony charges.And approx 918.00 in court costs plus whatever restitution is and 36 mo felony supervision.

Look it up or google it.Be thankful for real tho

i rented a tv from them about a year and a half ago and i was good on all my payments then i decided i wanted to move and switch my account to the rac in the other city and the manager said that they wouldnt accept me cuz i was a day late on a couple payements...i asked what i should do and she said i have to give it back or else she cant let me leave, wtf?

i put 2,000 bucks into that thing, i wasnt gonna just give it back, and for her to tell me that i cant move is bs...

so i just moved anyways and changed my number and havent heard from them since but they do still call my family and have even gotten ppls numbers who i didnt even use as a reference...shady *** company for real

to boxerjoe95525 Daytona Beach, Florida, United States #655779

your a thief

to Anonymous Indian Trail, North Carolina, United States #1251892

In that situation I wouldnt call him a thief. If had that much invested I would have worked out a way for him to pay by phone or mail or something. That was RAC's fault

THEY CAN NOT TAKE YOU TO JAIL!!!!!There is no way they can put anybody in jail for not paying something.

If that is the case i think most Americans would be in jail right now for not paying something. Alot of people dont pay their payments and this is why RAC has these things called "WARRANTY'S" and on top of that they juke people so someone else already paid for the merchandise.

I owe RAC and they didnt do *** and its been a yr.All RAC is trying to do is scare people.

to shanda Upper Marlboro, Maryland, United States #660532

@ Shanda, you got lucky, they served me w/ papers, according to them, you're committing FAUD. I had to pay them befor the court date. They are the worst.