On yesterday, a RAC employee went to my mother's neighbor and told them my sister's entire payment history and that the company was filing charges against against her for not returning their property.

I understand she is late on her payment. But, both my mother and myself have informed RAC she is an out of state union worker and that she moved closer to her job.

I don't know the federal fine for a violation of privacy; but, I'm sure it's a lot more than the $1600 they want her to pay for a laptop. Im advising her to get an attorney to sue RAC as soon as possible. That was a blatant violation of her privacy.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Oct 17, 2008.

Comments

Can You Sayy Legal Binding Contract Your Not Going To Get Anywere With This Its Very Unfortunate But She Is In Breach as far as the Unprofesional employee you might have somthing there

that is 3 party can you say cha ching !

get a lawyer quick ......... that is money in the bank :eek

She should have told them about her situation. Not you or her mom.

Late is late and if she took the laptop out of state that is stealing if she didn't notify them herself! Especially if she didn' make the payment.

She should contact a lawyer and go from there. What they did must be against any ethical board.

That is ridiculous that they divulged any information at all without her consent.

They need to learn what they did is unacceptable. Good luck.