Folks, I can already tell you that Rentacenter has already settled a bad collection practice suit for $343,000 in the state of Washington in which they had to sign a consent decree regarding reviews of the collection practice's they are allowed to impose on customers.First off, I have been in the rto industry for some time and have seen and been trained first hand bad collection practices imposed on customers.

I also have seen customers lie about things done to them to make the employee look bad. Just remember no matter the situation you are in employee's and customers lie to hurt or belittle someone. This behavior is so wrong and unfortunately someone has to pay. That is why consumers need to get back to the way things used to be.

If you can't afford it, don't purchase it until you can and this will eliminate problems when buying on credit. Your life will improve over time and you will have a lot more money to spend on what you NEED not what you want. For Rentacenter don't worry you won't run short on people willing to pay 3 to 4 times the value of the product.

Also if you want the consumer to pay off in 90 days why don't you post the payoff on the receipt with the payoff expiration date.

Review about: Rent A Center Account.

Had an Experience with Rent A Center?

Comments

RAC is terrible.They call the date of the payment.

And call and call and call. Unbelievable harassment. I even was confronted by an employee out in public saying so when are you gonna make a payment, little did he know my payment been made. He then showed up at my house the next day.

I had just had major surgery and dealing with my child who is an kidney patient and advise them of this, still called all day. I will pay this off withand my credit card and at least won't get half the harassment.

And the bad thang is I have purchased 2 houses of furniture and did early payoffs.This last office is my last.

:) I love rentacenter and am currently renting my 5th item from them.I never have gotten annoying phone calls from them asking for payment before its due.

Even when i'm late, they have been kind and understanding even allowing me to extend my payment by a week when i needed it one time.

I have never had an item taken away and would recommend them to anyone.I get updates on my payoff amount and date whenever i ask and they are the best!

I live in california and i wish everyone could have the experience i have had with them.

Rent a center is horrible, if you give them references on the application.They will call the references you posted, call your neighbors, harass you for payment days earlier.

Up to 8 calls within two days before payment is due. I advise anyone not to ever rent from rent a center stores, they do not do fair debt collection acts.

They bully, coerce and never should be used under any circumstances.Everyone should get together and file a class action suit against them and then they will respect people, their rights, their references and act like human beings with dignity, compassion and start respecting the debt collection practices, let's all get together and file a class action suit.

The payoff amount and payoff date are given to the customer at their request.